Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rebuilding LB rims
  • DT78
    Free Member

anyone tried.  did they lace back up again ok?

potentially swapping out a frame which has 148 boost thingy which means my CK hubs at 135 don’t fit.

sanername

Can’t you just get a spacer kit?

hugoagogo
    Free Member

Did it with my 27.5 lb 38mm rims, well, got lbs to do it, no issues, used same spokes and nips.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Mine were rebuilt a few times due to faulty dynamo hubs. Not by me but apparently no issues during the build and they’ve been fine for several years of use since.

DT78
    Free Member

good to hear the rims rebuild fine, as I really like mine and they are in great nic.

spacers wise, I don’t think you can, and tbh I’d rather have a hub that fits the frame properly if I can

bonus question – is a 110 front hub a boost ?  Is that also bigger than an ‘old’ hub (100 wasn’t it?)

alpineharry
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s correct DT, 100 was ‘old’ and 110 is boost.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine rebuilt just fine when I swapped hubs.

Northwind

They build like any other rim- except that they’re bloody stiff, which makes it easier to build but also makes it possible to build really really badly and still have a functioning-ish wheel. I reckon that stiff rims make it a little harder to actually build a good wheel because of that temptation and the increased difficulty of diagnosing- building with my floppy XC rims told me exactly when I had it right or wrong.

But other’n that it’s no fuss

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rebuilding LB rims’ is closed to new replies.