Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rebound tool for Marzocchi Bomber MX air (2002)
  • cjr61

I’ve heard about a magical ‘wand’ 🤣 that was supplied with the forks to adjust rebound.

What can I use instead? And how do I alter rebound?

Compression seems fine (so assume oil level and wt ok), but rebound slow.

Thanks

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

No compression damping to speak of on those. It was a long hex rod. Gold coloured IIRC. TBH the adjustment was rubbish – did very little. You’d be better off switching out the oil to thicker/thinner depending on what you want.

I found that more effective when I was running mine. Great fork for the money.

cjr61

Thanks scienceofficer….cost me £20 so definitely good fork for the money!

Poopscoop

What frame you building up mate?

cjr61

DMR Sidekick pump track fun bike

kimbers

It was just a really long Allen key

I had a set of Jr TS just fitted to my Kona stinky- rode for 4 days practicing the mega, was pogoing all the time, my wrists were shagged, someone on the campsite had the tool, opened it up and turned the rebound damping up (it was fully off) made a big difference to the forks. Replaced the oil too so that may also have done something

Edit they were drop off triples , weighed a ton, but the adjuster made them so much better (for mine it was the bottom one in this pic)

http://marzocchiworkshop.blogspot.com/2014/06/making-adjustments-internally.html?m=1

cjr61

Thanks Kimbers

jeffl

Yeah was a super long hex key. If you’re desperate for one I may have one knocking about in the shed. Let me know and I can have a look this weekend. Although I don’t remember seeing it in ages so may have gone missing.

dipper
    Free Member

ive got one kicking about somewhere if you want it

cjr61

Thanks dipper. Jeff was going to have a look for me but failing that then yours would be great. Cheers

jwildcard
    Free Member

Hi, I have just come across this thread, a few people recently on here kindly advised me that the rebound can be adjusted via the 3mm long length wand tool. Unfortunately I cannot get hold of one locally no doubt because it is for an old set of forks though I see there are still people still using and enjoying them.
    Does anyone have an old tool they no longer require, also would a standard 3mm hex key head work? I see it would need to be very long (300mm?)

docrobster
    Free Member

I think I’ve got one kicking about the bottom of my tool box. The forks are long gone. I’ll have a look tomorrow

bigyan
    Free Member

Bondhus do extra long T handle allen keys, 356mm/14″ if that helps.

jwildcard
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, yes be great to get hold of one to try and get them set up a little better.

Jordan

@jwildcard if you have any 1/4″ or 3/8″ drive hex bits and a long extension bar or two it might fit down the fork leg. Just an idea, never tried it myself.

docrobster
    Free Member

Found it. Let me know if you want me to send it to you @jwildcard

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is it that long? I had some Z4’s (their predecessor) and I remmeber being able to do it with whatever T-handled key I had at the time.

Got a set of MX Pro’s (same as the comp but with an external adjuster and milled out crown). SUUUUUUPER plush!

finbar
    Free Member

@jwildcard if you have any 1/4″ or 3/8″ drive hex bits and a long extension bar or two it might fit down the fork leg. Just an idea, never tried it myself.

I used exactly this method when I serviced my 2002 Bomber Z3.5s (special edition that came with the Spesh P3 jump bike 8) ) last year and it worked fine.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rebound tool for Marzocchi Bomber MX air (2002)’ is closed to new replies.