Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reba RL – Travel change 80mm to 100mm
  • Yak

I’ve got an 80mm Reba 29er. I reckon I could do with upping to 100mm. So whipped the spring out thinking I could take out a spacer to get it up to 100mm. (Stanchions have 80/100/120 markings). But no spacer, so it’s a fixed 80mm spring.

So I assume a 100mm air spring assembly is all I need? But will I also need to swap the damper?

Edit – just had a thought – presumably I just need to measure the length of the existing damper shaft to see if it had been running compressed at full extension or not. [thinking out loud. Should think before I post! 🙂 ]

mtbfix

Like a proper coil spring? I’d have thought the other springs would have been on the push rod below the stancion.

blakec
    Free Member

You need a new air shaft. Look for the number on the rockshox parts catalog and order from tf tuned / amazon etc

You don’t need to swap anything else.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Yak

Thanks. Air shaft only then. Good – was hoping it would be a cheap fix.

mtbfix – no I meant the air shaft, seals etc that make up the air spring.

oldfart

Good luck sourcing an air shaft ! SRAM quoting 4 to 5 weeks , LBS got me the only one they had left at TF turned out to be the wrong one ! Mine are 2012s seems that was a redesign year and price is up round £80!if you can get one !

Yak

£80!! 😯 . Was hoping for about £25 or so. Will get searching then.

andyl
    Free Member

what year Reba? I am just about to order a 120mm airshaft to replace the 100mm on my 2013 solo air. They are around £20-25 normally for the solo air shafts. You dont need the whole assembly with the seal head etc.

Yak

oldfart

Mine were dual air 🙁

Yak

Yes – just checked in the catalogue. That’s the one. I’ll order now.
    thanks.

andyl
    Free Member

just putting an order through myself but will be held up by the Pike air shaft and spare seal head being out of stock. Postage isnt bad though at about £6.

Yak

Try bike24 if you are struggling.

andyl
    Free Member

yeah they have some stuff too. Just got my damn spokes from them! Typical.

I normally order my fork spares from Gabelprofi

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reba RL – Travel change 80mm to 100mm’ is closed to new replies.