Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear shock mounting help.
  • wlvjc
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on Halfords…..

Part of the bolt that holds the top of the shock to the spring arm fell out and they reckon its £50 for a new one? Rip off. Anyone got any clue what size I need and where I can get one???

coatesy
    Free Member

Without all of the details involved, all i’d suggest is Googling your local engineers suppliers, and asking them to match something up for you.Nothing more than an educated guess, M8x45mm stainless capscrew, but the plain shank will probably be shorter than ideal, so something with a longer shank with the extra thread lopped off would be better.

Craggyjim
    Free Member

That looks like a Voodoo full suss. We were out riding with someone the other day who I’m sure said the same bolt came out during a descent. Bloody halfords. Sorry don’t know the size.

wwaswas

I’d tweet at them and see if they change their tune – unless they’re tryign to sell you a complete bushing and bearing kit that includes the bolt £50 is ludicrous.

RustyMac

Have you tried contacting the likes of TF Tuned or Loco to see if they stock mounting bolts, I don’t know if this would be classed as part of the mounting hardware they may sell.

Below is a guide on how to figure out the size of mounting kit and therefore bolt you will need.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock mounting help.’ is closed to new replies.