Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rear rack rec's – waaay out of my depth
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

After longer than I care to remember Ive decided that arriving at work with my lunch gaffer taped to my toptube, a wet backside and sweaty shirt from carrying a rucksack just doesnt make me as happy as it once did 🙂

My new (aluminium) Diverge arrives soon and I want to fit a rack to it which will take one of those city pannier type things for my commute and have absolutely no idea of what to fit. The bike will be my winter club bike so I dont want to fit anything weighing more than it needs to.

Will anything do or do I need a disc specific rack?

The Diverge has mounts so presumably this should be easy however Ive just been looking at Tubus racks till I go dizzy and I cant really spot a massive difference between a lot of them.

Any rec’s – especially from the Diverge fan boys/girls?

Cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fitted a Tortec Velocity to my brother in law’s Diverge. Looks tidy.

wicki
    Free Member

Topeak rack and luggage to suit

stealthcat

Topeak mtx beam rack here. I swapped the qr for a bolt so I don’t have to worry about it too much, but I have 2 sizes of pack to fit it depending in how much luggage I have, and if I want to take it off altogether it’s still only one bolt to undo. Surprisingly waterproof, but rattles a bit if it’s not full.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Thanks all

My local Evans only have the narrow Velocity in stock which looks dubious with 28mm tyres, let alone 32, so it looks like I’ll blag a Tortec Ultralite

hooch1987
    Free Member

Depending how much load you are carrying a frame bag with a dry bag might work? Be lighter overall, no need to take the pannier off if you fancied a quicker road ride. Also might come in cheaper than rack and panniers.

busta
    Free Member

Arkel Randonneur with a tailrider rack.

schmiken

I’m running a Tortec Velocity on my Kinesis 4S. Fits fine with mudguards and 28c tyres.

dovebiker

Axiom racks are good value too – if you can’t stretch to a Tubus. I bungee a 20L drybag to the top of my rack rather than using a pannier.

Basil

Tubus Fiy from a german website & a Ortlieb front City pannier

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Second the Tubus Fly, for a fast road bike it’s the best looking rack available, very minimal, very lightweight, and works well. Don’t have discs on my bike, but pretty sure I’ve seen them fitted to bikes with discs.

cookeaa

hooch1987 – Member
    Depending how much load you are carrying a frame bag with a dry bag might work? Be lighter overall, no need to take the pannier off if you fancied a quicker road ride. Also might come in cheaper than rack and panniers.

This..

Cheapo beam rack from eBay for a tenner on my commuter, plus a dry bag here for work commuting, most days just an 8L does for clothes and lunch. If I have more to transport then the 20L comes out…

ade9933
    Free Member

my pannier racks are pretty standard fitted to my commuter (kona jake with mud guards et al).

would vote for the carradice bags tho. quality and not neon.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rear rack rec's – waaay out of my depth’ is closed to new replies.