Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Really looking forward to today's ride, anyone else??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just awake and off to Cannock in a bit, yeah I know it’s only a trail centre etc but it’s bro in laws first proper outing for mountain biking and I’m really looking forward to (hopefully) seeing the cheesy grin as he comes (possibly a little out of control) bombing down the hills. Watch out for the lad on the commencal if you’re up there today, just incase his frame snaps infront of you!! 😆

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Racing cyclocross at 1pm (won’t do well but will kill my self in the process!)

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep so long as it doesn’t piss it down all day. 20-30mm predicted 🙁

forge197
    Free Member

Off to Lee Quarry for the first time looking forward to that

yunki
    Free Member

it’s bro in laws first proper outing for mountain biking and I’m really looking forward to (hopefully) seeing the cheesy grin

I love that feeling..

Off out into the rain myself later to gingerly potter around the tamest route that I can stomach.. (to avoid putting any strain on the knee injury which has bugged me all year)..

At least the deluge should mean that the trails are quiet..

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Day of rest today after four days of riding then off to Wales tomorrow.

willej

Yep, just stuffed a bowl of apple, sultana and cinnamon porrage down my neck and it should stay dry here. Love autumn morning pootles. Could be last ride this year in shorts, with summer tyres and no crud catchers on!

iDave
    Free Member

“off to Cannock in a bit, yeah I know it’s only a trail centre”

That’s odd, I’m off to Cannock in a bit for a few hours and won’t be riding at a trail centre……

almightydutch
    Free Member

I’ll be leaving my house shortly to make the epic ride of about 3/4’s of a mile to some of Cannocks finest singletrack. Funnily enough i wont be trail center riding either

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I think it’s safe to say that Cannock has something for everyone, apart from mountains but that said the monkey is really good for a set menu blast and the rest of the place is just great to explore.

The monkey is really good in the dark.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wow you locals are all my heroes, remind me next time your in Derbyshire where the best cheeky routes are 😉
    However today’s ride was an unmitigated disaster with bro in laws chain snapping twice and the 2nd time taking the rear mech with it! Only made it 6 miles round 🙄

spacemonkey

However today’s ride was an unmitigated disaster with bro in laws chain snapping twice and the 2nd time taking the rear mech with it! Only made it 6 miles round

That’s a shit. No spare links/tool? Hasn’t put him off though has it?

Exact thing happened to me yesterday up on Ranmore. Then the bloody pin in my Park Tool chain tool snapped as well = 5 miles walking/freewheeling to Nirvana for a replacement. Made up for it by managing to squeeze in some Redlands sketch-mongery on the way home, especially round what’s left of Mangrove Alley.

wrightyson
    Free Member

One great bunch of lads had a chain tool and some links and let us use them which got us back up and running, then it popped again! The first time it snapped tho was a new on me, it literally sheared mid link, no failure round the pin or roller, just a clean break!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Really looking forward to today's ride, anyone else??’ is closed to new replies.