Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Really boring Friday night kitchen pots and pans thread.
  • Scapegoat

Got a set of 3 Swan saucepans that we had as a wedding present in 1990. Stainless, heavy base, not a mark on them.

Set of three cast iron skillets bought off amazon for less than 20 quid, properly seasoned they are as non-stick as anything out there. They are used daily, excellent for steaks, frying, omelettes, fried eggs and anything else you fancy throwing in them. They take about fifteen seconds to brush out with hot water, another four seconds to wipe dry. Probably the same time it takes to find space for them in the dishwasher.

Sainsbury’s cast iron enamel casserole dish. About 50 quid. Perfect for stews and curries, and a fraction the cost of Le Creuset.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i actually have some of those sainsbury cast iron skillets good kit but different purpose.

I wanted dishwasher friendly as it will end up in the dishwasher.

pacman404
    Free Member

Meant to reply before trailrat, but in case you’re not sorted yet

Vogue tri wall; I’d planned to get from Nisbets but found them cheaper at Catering Appliance in Kendal, bought mine online and arrived next day. Got one of the saucepan lids through Amazon though as they were about the only place in country that had them all in stock.

Using on new induction hob and they’re great; heat/cool quickly and evenly, solid but not stupid heavy and they look good. Only possible downside is made in china if that’s something that bothers you.

Edit:
    The vogue standard stainless pans are good as well

joshvegas
    Free Member

I wanted dishwasher friendly as it will end up in the dishwasher.

My parents 40 year old le creuset has gone in the dishwasher for 40years

its **** but that due to the burnign and metal scraping the insist on subjecting it to all the time 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

but my big enamel/cast casserole pan will survive the nuclear holocaust.

Unless someone burns something to them or uses a metal implement. They’re fragile as hell that’s why I never use mine. Not to mention really flippin heavy.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Really boring Friday night kitchen pots and pans thread.’ is closed to new replies.