Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Real Gun looks like a toy
  • onehundredthidiot

So a company have made a Glock 19 and made it look like it’s made of Lego, to celebrate the joy of shooting. Apparently illegal to make toys that look like real guns but ok the make real guns that look like toys. An honest and true wtf moment.

BBC News – Gun resembling Lego toy sparks backlash in US
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57832053

onehundredthidiot

?

northernmatt

Someone somewhere in their design team thought that was good idea. Absolute lunatics.

Jakester
    Free Member

Someone somewhere in their design team thought that was good idea.

<cynic>Or they realised it would cause a storm and drum up more business for them as a result…

Cougar

“The customised Block19 firearm has been described as irresponsible and dangerous”

Presumably as opposed to all those responsible and perfectly safe handguns.

dannybgoode

Meh – in a country where you can buy full on Mil Spec heavy calibre machine guns is this really any worse? Not saying I agree with either but the 2A faction in the US is so powerful they can do what they want…

grahamt1980

I appreciate that it is a bad thing to have a gun that looks like a toy, but i can’t help but wonder how much lego you could build on that to find out what happens when you shoot it

devash
    Free Member

Straight from the Max Clifford book of PR.

chakaping
    Free Member

While I’m staunchly anti-gun, I’m also staunchly pro-pun – and the name earns a tip of the hat from me.

lovewookie

Now, if it was created as an art piece to make another type of statement it would be interesting.

however, it’s not.

the statement that it was made to demonstrate guns are for all? what does that mean when it’s clearly designed to look similar to childrens toys (i.e. bright colours). it’s be a bit different if it was a gun, resembling a lego technic version of a gun. That would be clearly aimed at the target (!) age group, in the same way that lego model sports cars or ships etc are aimed at adults.

brads
    Free Member

Culper make some nice custom stuff.
    This one will be a real collectors piece.

Jakester
    Free Member

Culper make some nice custom stuff.
    This one will be a real collectors piece.

🤦🏼

brads
    Free Member

😁

slowoldman

So Lego have fired a warning shot and won the battle.

P-Jay
    Free Member

There was another dick who made a small rifle look like a Nerf gun.

It’s idiotic of course, but you can imagine Police forces all over the US now “Hey Ya’ll good news, you are now safe to use lethal force against children with toys because you can plausibly say you felt threatened”.

BigJohn

I’m waiting for the Fisher Price My First Homicide

terry27
    Free Member

That Is F*cked Up!!

darthpunk
    Free Member

Never underestimate the lengths people will go to normalise things designed for killing

lovewookie

Never underestimate the lengths people will go to normalise things designed for killing

good lord!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Is that a shot at the people who put the gun in the toy or made a toy from a gun?

brads
    Free Member

They are not trying to normalise it. It’s simply customising.
    Why would an American try and make a gun look more normal ? This is exactly the opposite of normalising.

No different to gold plating an Uzi
    Apart from the obvious danger to children.
    Clever but a bit stupid obv.

Toy guns could be said to be normalising guns more than this.

Northwind

brads
    Free Member

They are not trying to normalise it. It’s simply customising.

I think that’s true, I don’t think they have some big agenda, they’re just making a tasteless product without giving it any thought, in a country where people already get killed by police for having toy guns.

Internet randoms that 3d print parts for nerf guns have put more thought into the issues than these guys seem to have.

Murray

in a country where you can buy full on Mil Spec heavy calibre machine guns

Like the UK? 🙂

TiRed

I thought it was pun-based art. I enjoy punching holes in paper at a distance as much as the next person. When in Florida last, I did it with a Glock. $600 to you and I and some ID allows you to walk out with it. No desire to own one, and I’m a terrible shot, but it was an enjoyable experience. Steyr air pistols are a different fun. Shotguns are just for throwing money away (I seldom get close to a clay).

Making a glock look like Lego would not enhance the enjoyment, but it would be easy to see when put down in the dimly lit range.

Murray

Lego have sent a cease and desist letter – the maker is backing down having got a lot of free publicity

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Darn. I thought looked fun.

CountZero

It’s idiotic of course, but you can imagine Police forces all over the US now “Hey Ya’ll good news, you are now safe to use lethal force against children with toys because you can plausibly say you felt threatened”.

It doesn’t have to be imagined, it’s happened, and not even involving a toy weapon.

sirromj

I say assholes.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I say assholes.

That’s not a toy for assholes. Or was that an exclamation?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Christ imagine standing on that!

dannybgoode

@joshveagas wins the thread 😀

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Real Gun looks like a toy’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM