Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reading Festival – arriving on Friday evening will I get a camping spot?
  • jairaj

A friend from work can’t attend Reading festival so has very kindly given me the tickets.

Due to the late notice I can’t take the Friday off from work so will be arriving and setting up camp on Friday evening.

What’s the chance of there being any spare space left at that time?

Would I be better off booking a hotel or B&B nearby?

It’s been 13 years since I last went to Reading and I can’t remember how busy the campsites got. Just remember our tent in the middle of the field was packed in quite tightly.

Don’t mind if there is space further out at the back of the fields, I really don’t expect to get prime spot but just any reasonable space to set up a two man tent would be nice.

cokie

You’ll deinitley get a spot, but who knows how good it’ll be.
    You might end up near the bogs or bins if uou go for Yellow, Orange, Green or Purple.
    As you say, head to the back of Brown and you should be fine.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bugger. I forgot and I’m supposed to be taking my bike on the train via Reading this weekend.

Oh well looks like the weather should be good for you. Have a great time.

jairaj

Cool thanks for the reassurance.

weeksy

Well that’s assuming you can actually get to it. They used to queue past my flat on a33 for many many hours

Dickyboy

Last time you went was 13yrs ago 🤔 you’ll probably be the oldest on site then, enjoy 👍

jairaj

Hoping by arriving mid way through the Friday line up the queue won’t be too bad. Most people should be inside listening to music and already very sloshed!

Haven’t worked out my transportation yet but I think getting the train is probably best way as I don’t have car park tickets and they are all sold out.

And yes I’m fully aware that being 34 I’ll be the youngest by a mile, double the age of most folks there! But hey free tickets and get to see some good bands! Can’t be that bad surely …. [crosses fingers, toes anything else that can be crossed]

Caher

I last went when I was 27 and lived in Reading, I felt by far the oldest, poorest person there.

trumpton
    Free Member

sounds amazing. Do not worry about your age. I was still going to MOS in my thirties – no one cared. Have a great time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reading Festival – arriving on Friday evening will I get a camping spot?’ is closed to new replies.