Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rattling Tacx rollers – what is it?
  • 13thfloormonk

No sooner than I’d figured out how to get a worthwhile workout on my rollers than they develop a really loud rattle when you hit higher speeds.

I think it’s a speed thing as if I ride up the side of the rollers the noise goes away, I’m assuming because the larger diameter causes the roller to rotate less quickly.

I butchered some of the plasic moldings with the dremel as I thought the belt was slapping off them, but not that.

Can you buy replacement bearings by themselves? Garmin sell new rollers but at £32 each that would cost £100 to replace all 3…

Ta

molgrips
    Free Member

I could describe the noise mine made as ‘gronking’. It is bearing related but mine did it nearly from new so I refused to believe they were worn. I Loctited the bearings in and it really helped.

Can you buy replacement bearings by themselves?

Bearings are standard sizes identified by a number printed on the seal. Get them form any online bearing shop such as simplybearings.co.uk

13thfloormonk

Ha, gronking is a good word, mine did that too until I broke out the Loctite.

As it happens, I dismantled rollers to inspect bearings and in doing so realised there was a bloody great crack in one of them!

Don’t know how I missed that yesterday during my hunt for the offending rattle…

Just trying to source a replacement, Garmin UK seem to be the only folks selling them, just suspicious that it might come from outside the UK so have asked them, will await reply.

In the meantime, cracked roller obviously due to massive centrifugal forces and insane cadences skill? Beefcaaaaaake!

13thfloormonk

Wow, Garmin/Tacx achieving old school Chain Reaction delivery times! Spare roller ordered 9am yesterday, received 11am today. Not bad for free postage on a £32 part…

Just as a heads up for anyone else worried that Garmin/Tacx spares might actual be posted from Europe…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rattling Tacx rollers – what is it?’ is closed to new replies.