Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Rampage? Tomorrow?
  • kimbers

tbh Zinks run made me feel queazy!

fingerbang
    Free Member

Watching on YouTube, excellent. The animated map of the mountain is great

desperatebicycle

Guess the drones aren’t flying!

sharkattack

Can you broadcast live from a drone? I bet there’s loads of wild drone footage afterwards.

leffeboy

Mmm, biased against the Belg?

marksnook
    Free Member

Been holding my breath on Boggs ridge line!
    None of it even computes to how big it all is!

desperatebicycle

OTB off a cliff. Just mental 😱

Northwind

Loving these pre-run visualisations, though I also kind of miss the feeling of “where the hell is he going? There? Noooooo”

Northwind

Oh god, this is shitting me up just watching him clambering around and checking out the start.

leffeboy

Yeah. It really makes you see how big it is

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Brutal

bigdaddy

That was crazy – the amazing front flip then that crash, oof, nasty

copa
    Free Member

Everything about it is horrible.
    People risking life-changing injuries for the benefit of a sugary drink company.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I dont think that’s true really

marksnook
    Free Member

I found the camera filming tvs lying on the floor pretty uncomfortable to be honest. Glad they panned away

copa
    Free Member

I dont think that’s true really

You think any of these people would be doing this without sponsorship money?

desperatebicycle

van Steenbergen is just so determined to push the limits.

People risking life-changing injuries for the benefit of a sugary drink company.

As the commentary crew are clearly explaining, it’s definitely not simply that.

copa
    Free Member

As the commentary crew are clearly explaining, it’s definitely not simply that.

Aye, commentary crew behind a desk emblazoned with Red Bull, whose wages are paid by Red Bull.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hope he’s not paralysed 😔

His neck took a beating then.

It was going wrong before he even left the top

As to the comments about they shouldn’t be doing it or it’s only for a fizzy drink. Stop watching then!

They will love doing this, same for anyone that does true extreme sports

dropoff

Its just not fun anymore.

P20

YouTube connection on the tv is holding! That front flip was nuts

ayjaydoubleyou

the benefit of a sugary drink company

Is it the sugary drink aspect that you don’t like or the big company making money aspect?

desperatebicycle

Well, how do they get there? How do they get to a level where they can ride this stuff? They’re not motivated by sponsorship money all the way!

marksnook
    Free Member

Without the sponsorship the event probably wouldn’t gain the traction and progression in the sport it has. Every rider I’ve seen interviewed is so happy to be there.
    Is it that hard to believe some folk do this anyway and want to do it on this platform?

copa
    Free Member

Without the sponsorship the event probably wouldn’t gain the traction and progression in the sport it has.

This isn’t sport. It’s marketing.

desperatebicycle

Ooh listen to Semenuk tell all those lies.
    Don’t like it watch Eastenders or something.

marksnook
    Free Member

So what if it is? A sponsor only sponsors an event for marketing purposes. Do you show the same contempt for local events that are sponsored or you too busy shaking your fist at clouds?!

sharkattack

Absolutely yes. They’re bike riders.

People go out there to ride all year round.

susepic

Seems like only a matter of time before someone dies doing a Redbull thing – base jumper, squirrel suit, rampage.
    all pushing it so far there is no margin for error anymore. I wonder if they or dependents would get life-long compensation?

desperatebicycle

Thinking it’s all about money just shows a big misunderstanding of the athletes.
    Look at the old vids of Josh Bender. For one example. You don’t get it, you don’t get it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Seems like only a matter of time before someone dies doing a Redbull thing

I used to love jumping off cliffs on skis, no one sponsored me. 90% of the fun was that you could die but didn’t. I would have loved the opportunity to be sponsored by red bull

I’ve been truly more scared driving on a motorway with idiots as apposed to me jumping off a cliff

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Is this not similar to so many sports? F1 , Climbing, snowboarding . Risk is part of the enjoyment for the competitors.

I hate the hard rock, the americanism, the baseball caps and the redbull stoke, but the riders arent doing it for money or redbull, I dont think so anyhow.

weeksy

Having a son and mates who dream of rpage, yup I believe the riders would do this without the money side, absolutely.

The live, breathe and dream of bigger, the pros I mean. It defines them both as riders and humans, bigger, better, harder

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The only thing that disappoints me is how man made it is, and how the natural environment is destroyed.

I guess that’s where the ethos is very different to free skiing

You could just replicate what they are doing in a city with all the landings they build from scratch

copa
    Free Member

The live, breathe and dream of bigger, the pros I mean. It defines them both as riders and humans, bigger, better, harder

Aye, that’s the problem.
    It’s why a sugary drinks company throws money at it – for people like you and your kids.
    Keep watching them ads. You can do anything.
    Just do it!! Impossible is nothing.

welshfarmer

Seems like only a matter of time before someone dies doing a Redbull thing – base jumper, squirrel suit, rampage.

At least 7 deaths (up until 2017) by athletes doing Red Bull sponsored stuff. There was a whole film about it, though it may have been on German TV.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s not what you said. You said people are doing it for the benefit of a energy drink company. They aren’t. It may benefit red bull, but that is not the motivation of the riders. Stop shifting the redbull sponsored startgate posts.

sharkattack

The only thing that disappoints me is how man made it is, and how the natural environment is destroyed.

Yeah they throw a few shovels full of dirt around and it’s basically a skatepark.

You could just replicate what they are doing in a city with all the landings they build from scratch

Yeah…

Aye, that’s the problem

It’s Rampage live on Friday night man, who invited the buzzkills?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

But I will say FFS get on with it. The yanks don’t half bang on about shite dont they

weeksy

Keep watching them ads. You can do anything.

Lol what ads? None of his mates nor him have even even tasted red bull, they’re 13 by the way. The only thing that exists is their bike. Oh and their phones lol

I get your point, but you’re wrong.

Even at their level, every day they try something bigger harder and tougher

2021-06-08_11-31-48 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode LITE

He didn’t do this because of red bull.
    Although watching some red bull riders may have encouraged it. But not because they were red bull sponsored

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Rampage? Tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.