Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • raceface drivetrain
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

are raceface products up and running agin…just that ive had shimano drivetrain for 2 years now but originally had raceface products which lasted alot longer for me with general wear and tear…as its time to change the drive train agin…….got a new rear mech today, shimano deore xt cos mine is bent at the mo . lol…bloody calderdale boulders get in the way hahahhah
    anyone know websites to get raceface…apart from their own website…
    i feel i was alittle ripped off today at bike shop so looking to buy online for parts…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Race face dont make drivetrains.

I’d go singlespeed if I were you, or get a road bike!

elaineanne
    Free Member

chainrings…do they still have ‘team raceface’ available
    😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

having a stressfull day i cant even write wot im thinking lol….yeah im after 2 chainrings possible team raceface..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well, steel shimano ones usually last well. I think its probably the aluminium ones that wear quickly.

andyl
    Free Member

CRC
    Wiggle
    Other UK stores
    Some of the german stores

tbh I would be amazed if a RF set up outlasted a modern shimano one given the same conditions and use. The latest 10 speed Deore has the newer (XT style) middle ring (steel teeth) and a steel granny (aluminium on XT).

aazlad
    Free Member

I have a raceface respond double and bash in very good condition if you’re interested.

elaineanne
    Free Member

got a raceface bash on at the mo….
    yeah i have aluminium shimano rings at the mo and no they dont last long at all…

andyl
    Free Member

outer will pretty much always be aluminium (on a triple anyway). They are just too heavy otherwise (I do have a steel outer ring here in my box).

Cheapest way to new rings is normally buy the latest Deore chainset and sell the arms. The 10 speed set up (42-32-24) basically uses SLX rings.

elaineanne
    Free Member

what will these be then for example…

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/transmission-gears/chainrings/shimano-xt-m770-9-speed-chainrings.html

on another website tho it said these were only compatible with shimano cranks…i have raceface cranks..duh… will keep looking..i have seen a triple set teamraceface i think on chainreaction website…even tho i dont need the third ring but still the set is cheaper than buying two single rings,,,,,lol

vincienup
    Free Member

RF currently do a range of cranks and rings.

Turbines are now in 10speed and are allegedly brilliant if pricey.

I have a RideXC triple on one of my bikes that seems to be the most durable chainset I ever bought…

Depends on your budget really. Fifty quid for a Deore triple inc BB is pretty hard to beat. Not the prettiest or longest lasting, but possibly best bang per buck if the standard ratios suit.

Or look at BETD (google) – or Blackspire stuff in CRC sale etc. …

elaineanne
    Free Member

yeah been looking at crc website…they have raceface…they seem to be the cheapest at the mo, as I have been surfing around a lot tonite :wink:the cheapest middle ring for raceface is 34.38 ‘ ‘ I only have 2 chainrings and a bashguard. prob get Shimano xt cassette too,I like those. still looking around for a stem tho…almost got pressured into buying a Thompson stem today which I didn’t want…bike shops don’t listen wen you say no ..lol…I prefer hope or sunline really..oh and looking for a gold chain….which is strongest Shimano or kmc…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Whatever you do, DON’T get a Raceface BB. Truly terrible.

And IME, Blackspire chainrings are nicer, but still have the Canadian grrrrr factor.

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol bandito, originally my bike came with a raceface BB which lasted 18 months..lol. I’m only small and not heavy so it lasted along time..lol. I now have a hope bb.

starsh78
    Free Member

my raceface bb has been in my bike 3 yearsnow

elaineanne
    Free Member

yeah just looked at Blackspire chain rings..they do look good,especially the coloured ones..I’m quite liking those ..lol…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

That’s impressive. I had a Raceface HT2 style BB last half of the Whinlatter enduro, and an ISIS Signature XS last about 2 hours in the Peak once. Not a fan….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘raceface drivetrain’ is closed to new replies.