Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rab Alpine Jacket…Any good?
  • mooseface
    Free Member

I’m looking for a jacket that’s weather proof, not water proof that would be good for walking and for when out on the bike. Also when not In use can be screwed up and stuffed in the bag.

The rab alpine jacket at about £90 looks alright. Any one got one and what’s your thoughts?

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/mens-clothing-c1/mens-superlight-shell-windtops-c49/superlight-jackets-c196/rab-alpine-jacket-p1046

Anything else people can recommend?

willstaffs
    Free Member

I have one, got it from cotswold outdoors half price a couple of years ago, fantastic jacket, more water proof than you think, and the hood is superb with the zip done up to the top. Haven’t used it for cycling only for walking, it might not be breathable enough for cycling.

ElShalimo

Pertex Equilibrium is very breathable but not that windproof, it’s the same material used in Rab Vapour Rise.
    So if you want high wind resistance with high breathability then it’s good. However a Paramo windshirt will do the same job for less £
    In summary it’s a good product if it fits and your happy but there are better, less costly alternatives out there.
    By the way I have lots of Rab kit so I’m not anti Rab

mooseface
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I’ll have a look at the paramo windshirt. wouldn’t mind if I get a pullover either.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’ve got the no hood no sleeve version (Generator) and it’s brilliant. Lightweight, small but if you’re cold you feel yourself warming as soon as it goes on, maybe something to do with the silver reflective lining. Feels a bit flimsy but I haven’t damaged it yet, not through want of trying. certainly is showerproof, but with no hood and no sleeves, it doesn’t get worn out in proper rain.
    £90’s worth? Absolutely

footflaps

Does seem very expensive considering the Vapour rise jacket is about the same price and that has an insulation layer inside it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rab Alpine Jacket…Any good?’ is closed to new replies.