Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Quick poll: Changing tyres. Do you really care what other people do? Seriously?
  • DezB
    Free Member

😉

jedi

yes

🙂

D0NK

lots of people like to know what other people do, even if it’s to confirm to themselves they are unique, against the grain, inspired pioneers.

or are just sat at work bored.

cupra
    Free Member

No, why would I care about whether other people care about what I do regarding tyres? 🙄

emac65
    Free Member

TBH I don’t really care about other people in general…..’part from mates & family of course…… 8)

binners

or are just sat at work bored.

Donk nails it 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

Do you still have that video streaming site available DezB? If you could set up a webcam in your shed so I could log in & see what tyres you have, what you are using, etc. that would be great.

Thanks 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

i care a lot about you Lethal-D. tell me about your everything :mrgreen:

binners

Any thoughts on the NHS?

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, will do. I had to lift my tyre bar (that’s what I call it, it’s basically a bar with tyres on) down off the garage ceiling the other day. Bloody heavy I tell thee.

uplink
    Free Member

Yes I do care

If it wasn’t for serial tyre swappers, I’d have to pay top money as there’d be no 3 rides old ‘I just don’t get on with them’ tyres going very cheap

samuri
    Free Member

I tend to walk into halfords, pick up the tyre that looks like it’ll withstand punctures the most, and then pay for it.

How else would someone choose a tyre?

DezB
    Free Member

But do you get on with them samuri?

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

No, I leave my tyres on my bike where they are most useful. 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

It isn’t so much caring what other people do, more a question of what type of tyre is suitable for specific terrain.

On a wet day at Aston hill would a mud tyre be a good idea? Yes it would.

On a wet day on Cwmcarn DH would a mud tyre be a good idea? No, it is mostly rock.

I’m so glad I asked on STW (I didn’t really), otherwise my days riding would have been compromised.

So what tyres for cheese straws at Peaslake? 🙂

hh45
    Free Member

I think it is true that far too many people in this country don’t work hard enough and spend too much time interfering in other peoples’ business. I have thought this for a long time and thought the Localism agenda would make it worse but too early to tell. However, asking about tyres or some other bike componant is hardly excessive nosiness or interference simply an effective way of learning or harmless curiosity. The point is noone is trying to stop you doing what you want, they are just curious.

I cannot imagine shopping in Halfords, I would feel ashamed but obviously some people feel differently. I cannot imagine not putting some thought into componant choice as it affects something I spend most of my leisure time doing.

Noone is interfering, noone is dictating – we arre still free(ish) and that is what counts.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Learning from other people’s experiences. The forum at its most useful.

bullheart
    Free Member

i care a lot about you Lethal-D. tell me about your everything

Quote of the week Consequenmeister. Made me spit granola onto the dog!

😀

craig1975
    Free Member

i’m happy and safe in the knowledge that what im running is rite for me, i couldnt care less what others are doing 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll: Changing tyres. Do you really care what other people do? Seriously?’ is closed to new replies.