Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Question for steadyrack owners
  • nickdavies

Dont suppose any of you have a few bikes up next to each other and can tell me what the minimum depth of bikes is if theyre folded as far over as they can go? (Handlebars turned)
    Cheers

nickdavies

Little bump for the Friday crowd before I drop £200 on some bits of metal?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Mine are too close together to allow the bikes to be folded against the wall.

Lots of people ask about these and tyre sizes. In case they look here, the biggest I have managed to fit in to a standard size steadyrack is a 2.5wt minion dhf on a 30mm internal width rim.

nickdavies

Well that’s helpful as the biggest tyre going in is one of those. So that’s that question sorted!👍🏻

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Great, I’m glad I posted. It’s slightly tight but it does go in and out easily enough.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve got quite a few but don’t understand the question… sorry. You mean if you swing them all the way to the side how far do they stick out? What part?

I’ve gone for the wider one. Got everything from 2,3” to 3,0 and great. A bit loose but causes no issues I can see. Got 27,5 and 29 plus I just put an 20kg ebike on no probs. At least I haven’t heard any bangs down in the garage so far.

Stu above recommended them and they’re great. The swing is really useful. I’ve got 8!!

rone

I will take a look at mine today. I’ve got five across a back walk.

Also if you stagger them you don’t need to straighten the bars.

Cranks/pedals may be a limiting factor in your case.

nickdavies

I’ve got quite a few but don’t understand the question… sorry. You mean if you swing them all the way to the side how far do they stick out? What part?

Thats exactly the question, im trying to work out how much space 4 bikes is going to take up folded into the wall. Ive got a single car garage and to get the car in the bikes are all stored in a way that makes it a massive pain in the ass to get one out. End of the garage, bars turned, pedals off on the mtb and theyre just rested against the wall 3 bottom 2 on top. Steadyracks down one long wall might solve my problem if when folded into the wall i can still get the car in.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Got it now! So I went down and tried it. I can swing it until my flat pedal is about 15cm from the wall. It can’t turn further because of a bit of plastic on the side of the rack itself. I guess if you dropped the seatpost and turned the bars then you would get them all pretty close. Happy to send you a bunch of photos of you like? It would be easier than posting them up on here. Guess my email is pretty easy to find, judging by how many emails I got today!

Just a thought. You need quite a bit on the side to tilt them all the way over. I can show you exactly with photos. I have 8 side by side as close as possible to each other. The tilting is great as you can get them out / check them and even work on them a bit. It’s a bit like, remember when you used to buy posters in the shops?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Question for steadyrack owners’ is closed to new replies.