Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Quantock Pictures..
  • Alex

First time I've been for a couple of years. Very lucky to have superb weather. Great trails, deserted on Saturday, busier today. Much fun, be back soon.

All the favourites a on a big day yesterday. Managed the climb out of smiths to the first corner, which is my new high water mark. Shorter one today but had a play on the DH course in great wood. Blimey, that's a bit scary.

Few more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexleigh/sets/72157623320596510/detail/

Dibbs
    Free Member

The sky wasn't blue like that this afternoon, it even tried to snow a couple of times 🙄

djglover
    Free Member

Was the first one taken for mbr, or by Elbry?

knottie8
    Free Member

i cant place pic no 2 ? I was up there yesterday but alas my legs would let me today.

ah its in the flicker set..

Dibbs
    Free Member

Looks like Bicknoller to me.
    I think some call it Oblivion.

Alex

We left before the snow started today 🙂

Pic 1 and 2 are dropping into Bicknoller. We missed the trail we were looking for and dropped on a very boring grassy motorway which suddenly morphed into a brilliant trail, steep, fast then very rocky and tight, then into the woods before meeting * I think* Paradise Coombe above the bridge.

The rooty jump into the sunken trail was a highlight of a very good day.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Hey Alex,

Glad you guys had a good day (yup Saturday looks way better though)Bumped into you in the carpark (Red VW van) Hope Chris's directions saw you ok 🙂
    Did Holford, Smiths and Weacombe (fast as)
    We just got back as the snow started- perfect timing!

tangent
    Free Member

Thanks 4 sharing those…looks like a fine day's riding.
    I love that final shot…low solar angle fantastic.

Mendip / Qtks has been my lifelong riding patch (with a few lengthy overseas intermissions) so seeing those makes one quite nostaligc.

Which pub did you descend to?

Cheers,

Alex

EJ – thanks for the directions. We had a second bite at Weacombe again (it really has got very bumpy at the top!) and then headed back over the l/r tracks to mince about on the DH courses. I sort of know my way around bits of the quantocks, but can never link it together, so appreciated the local knowledge.

Pub is the one in Bicknoller. Can't remember the name, good food, took a while but we weren't in any big rush.

sharki
    Free Member

The hills have held up very well in the resent weather, still a little snow in places, we finished our ride during the heaviest of the snow flurry.

Shame to see a burnt out car at the top carpark near the gas line.

Triscombe ST seems to have widened with is a shame..

My first ride up there in almost 4 months and only the second ride in that duration……ouch that hurt me and only 30miles.

knottie8
    Free Member

I rode sharkis/jambos trail yesterday . theres a lot of roots showing but the first bit is great.

sharki
    Free Member

We did it today, still loving it, though it's character is changing with all those lovely roots coming though…

Loads of Holly trees have been felled over on the north side of Hare knapp, not sure why as they are grazed on by the deer and important for the over wintering birds.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Quantock Pictures..’ is closed to new replies.