Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Q for the STW massif…caution LT HT content.
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Bfe or NS Surge

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m getting a distinct sense of deja vu.

semuc
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Bfe. Finished building it up on Monday and I’ve only ridden it once so my experiance is limited. However, it is awesome. A huge, huge improvement on my last bike and so much fun. I would definately recommend.

nimo
    Free Member

my brand new unused stanton slackline for £325……see in classifieds if interested.

tymbian
    Free Member

#Nimo…I read that..couldn’t find a sizing chart though. What size rider would that be for?..and don’t they have a relatively high bb.

tymbian
    Free Member

@chakaping..indeed sir.

I’ve pretty much made mind up that these two best suit my situation atm.

I would hate to buy a Bfe to find it’s hard to manual or an ultra harsh ride ( although I doubt the latter as I’m 15 stone ) like the whole support British thing and dropper compatible ( I’d need a shim though as my dropper is 30.9 ).

Surge = shorter ( & adjustable ) stays, £60 cheaper ( although I would need to buy a 27.2 dropper )

Everyone who’s had/ has a Surge loves it and duty Bfe owners.

nimo
    Free Member

tymbian, the 16.5″ is made for riders about 5’8″ give or take a couple of inches. not sure of bb height, pretty sure it is not high though. I can’t really comment though as I never built it…….speak to Dan at Stanton if you need any info, he is really helpfull .

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

An STW Massif, earlier today

chiefgrooveguru

I would hate to buy a Bfe to find it’s hard to manual or an ultra harsh ride

It isn’t hard to manual (my Soul has the exact same geometry and a 140mm fork). The rear triangle is much slimmer than on the extremely overbuilt Mk1 BFe and it’s surprisingly light for such a strong frame in its latest iteration, so I doubt it’s very harsh.

funkmasterp

Just finished building a Bfe myself, it’s awesome. Making me attempt to do stupid stuff I wouldn’t have even contemplated before. Parked it in a tree last Thursday, highly recommended 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Q for the STW massif…caution LT HT content.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM