Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pulling a kiddy trailer with sliding dropouts
  • stu_d
    Free Member

A bit of a long shot….but the sliding dropouts on my P7 means that the hook up for the Croozer trailer fouls the frame (the diameter of the coupling is only a touch bigger than the QR bolt ) just enough for the QR not to hold it in place ….has anyone got around this before?

Stoner
    Free Member

got a pic? cant quite see what you mean (I have a croozer and drag it round on On-One slotted drop outs).

stu_d
    Free Member

I’ll take a pic when I get home..

Cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

OK. about to go off on evening ride, will be back 10ish.

stu_d
    Free Member

You can see how the qr buts right up to the frame – putting the hitch in place forces the qr to sit a couple of mm lower and then it won’t grip the dropout properly

dropout by stu_d, on Flickr

Stoner
    Free Member

Aha.

Then what Id do is assemble a washer set so that you can bolt the croozer peg to the sliding drop out bolt. i.e. get a longer M5 allen bolt and replace the one at the back with it, with a set of washers as necc to hold the peg.

Remember the croozer doesnt take a lot of load. Nothing like what the rear axle takes,

igm

As an alternative, is there enough room to shim along the QR skewer between the Croozer and the drop out lifting it clear of the frame?

Some QRs are longer than others of course.

stu_d
    Free Member

Thanks both – both good ideas. I certainly hadn’t thought of making use of the sliding drop out bolts

iain1775
    Free Member

What if you just put the qr the other way round so the lever is on the derailler side?

Stoner
    Free Member

s’not the QR that’s the problem, tis the flange on the peg – too big to centre on qr and still clear sliding droppout.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pulling a kiddy trailer with sliding dropouts’ is closed to new replies.