PSA/reminder: Dambusters flypast tomorrow (Thursday) Peaks/Ladybower

Home Forum Bike Forum PSA/reminder: Dambusters flypast tomorrow (Thursday) Peaks/Ladybower

Viewing 20 posts - 91 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • PSA/reminder: Dambusters flypast tomorrow (Thursday) Peaks/Ladybower
  • hora

I did a sexwee when the Tornados banked with their afterburner thingies facing us…rrrroooaaarrr!!

rogerthecat

I took my Mum & Biggles to see the flypast, we were just along the bridlepath alongside Ladybower. Chris and Rich almost ran over my toes as they weaved their way up the track.

The sound of the Spit made the hairs on my neck stand up and covered me in goosebumps – a beautiful noise.

Anyone know what happened to the Hurricane? Biggles was hoping to see it.

rogerthecat

Bugger it can’t get it to load in the window – click this link to see the footage from the Lancaster as it flew over earlier:
    Lancaster Flight

Just watching ‘The Dambusters, 70 years on’ on BBC 2. I keep getting dust in me eyes for some reason.

v10

Hora – possibly in a previous life! Just got lucky that he had some serious bank on as he went over me!

Love that 3rd one Jon 🙂

simonm

Simply Awesome. Rode in from Sheffield up Foulstone road (urgh) Cheeky slow an courteous ride over Derswent edge to watch from Whinestone lee torr.

Fantastic to watch them fly past below you.. Moving and made me so proud.

great pics above.

Premier Icon duncan
    Subscriber

Best lunchbreak ever, very glad I got to see this.

Some great photos on here, thanks to all for posting.

brokensoul

Me and the wife enjoyed it, great spectacle. There’s some good photos, folks, well done.

brokensoul

Mine were only taken on a compact camera.

P1010079 by Chip & Manda, on Flickr

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

I helped build that Spitfire !!!

Premier Icon mintimperial
    Subscriber

Video what I took today:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRUBvkPwxM[/video]

It was an awesome thing to see, it’s a big old bird that Lancaster…

Premier Icon granny_ring
    Subscriber

Great pics guys.

Premier Icon oldagedpredator
    Subscriber

Love the pics, makes up a bit for not being able to get down.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

Great day today. My birthday too. There were some big old lenses out to play but I only have the standard kit lens on my camera. Maybe that’s next year’s birthday list sorted.

Parked on Mortimer Road and hiked over the moor to Derwent via Foulstones. Huge crowds, really great atmosphere, everybody chatting as we walked over. Bigger crowds on the hills than when there’s a big charity walk on.

JonEdwards

Had to go to London last night, so here’s one more (crap phone) pic:-

Whilst riding your bike to go and watch old planes fly over resevoirs is undoubtedly a cool thing, the ability to do so is partly down to the 55000 bomber command airman who lay down their lives.

(The guy who’s surname I carry was a tailgunner in a Pathfinder squadron. No, he didn’t make it back.)

Houns

Some of mine. Not the best due to location but was great being bang under them

Bomb doors open

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

Thanks for posting, wonderful images I cannot imagine how emotional it must have been to see it live.

hora

For me it was the Tornados together banking left turning their afterburners? Towards me as they passes the hill. The heat haze/noise made me involuntarily laugh loudly 😀

Southport airshow with hora jnr next 🙂

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

your riding makes me involuntarily laugh loudly

hora

Dont make me wheel out the Trail Top Gun pun again!

Viewing 20 posts - 91 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘PSA/reminder: Dambusters flypast tomorrow (Thursday) Peaks/Ladybower’ is closed to new replies.