Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • PSA: Taylor Hawkins tribute concert.
  • swdan
    Free Member

It’s was a great night there. Queues for drinks/toilets were a let down but we got lucky and missed the stuff we weren’t that bothered about, we could still hear just not see. It seemed to really pick up when Brian Johnson came on, what ever you think the crowd loved it and the roar in the stadium really lifted it all. I’ll admit I cried once of twice, once when Dave started to lose it at in times like these and againduring My Hero. I know it was all tied up to losing my Dad around the same time but I could also see I wasn’t the only one in that state. It was an equally epic and emotional gig. I think the acts and the crowd did Taylor proud

defblade
    Free Member

Has anyone managed to find this on-demand? (I had to go out for a double-birthday do last night)
    It’s supposed to be on Paramount+ available from yesterday, but I’ve signed up and can’t find it anywhere…

kelvin

Swdan, I had a tear in my eye (while also being elated) for both of those songs sat at home. To be in the audience for them must have been too moving to put into words.

kelvin

Defblade, I think they broadcast an hour long cut for USA audiences last night (so at a strange time in Europe), and a two hour version is coming on demand asap.

Cougar

I think it’s being aired on Five at something silly like midnight on Wednesday.

a11y

Yes. Drums for The Darkness

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Ah, they’re headlining at Vibration Festival today – we stay <1 mile away so will likely hear that.</span>

franksinatra

Shane Hawkins on the drums, that will be a truly iconic moment. The emotion there was off the scale. You could almost see the release, the anger and tears being smashed through those drums. What a talent, what a moment.

savoyad

Just got home from this. Amazing from start to finish. Supergrass Gaz and Justin Hawkins know how to play a massive crowd, Them Crooked Vultures sounded as if they play together every day and from the arrival of Queen until the end was epic. Luke Spiller (trailed somewhere up-thread) strutted on unannounced (pun unintentional but I’m leaving it now), stole the show for 10 minutes, and then disappeared again. And it was a fitting afternoon of drumming as well – Omar Hakim just kept materialising, superb decision to give Stewart Copeland his “own” slot, Rufus Taylor looked very at home behind the foo fighters…, Shane Hawkins was astonishing. I could go on and on. My daughter’s first gig has totally messed up her expectations of going to a concert. Tiny downsides – sound problems early on but they got resolved, queues inside the venue were an arse like @swdan said – and Wembley has a lot of dead space which looks a bit rubbish from the back in daylight but it came into its own once the sun went down.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

PSA – the full gig is now on Paramount+, which has a 7-day free trial available. I expect we’ll see unofficial releases soon.

IHN

Shane Hawkins on the drums, that will be a truly iconic moment. The emotion there was off the scale. You could almost see the release, the anger and tears being smashed through those drums. What a talent, what a moment.

Just watched that on YouTube – just brilliant

leffeboy

Just watched that on YouTube – just brilliant

Watched/listened to it a few times now.  It’s a genuinely great performance

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.