Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • PSA: Ragley Trig gravel bike with GRX. £1099.99.
  • chestrockwell

Pretty sure it’s inline without going to the garage to check?

Probably selling my blue XL soon btw if anyone knows anyone who wants one.

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

Is anyone using their Ragley Trig as a commuter?

I am looking for a new daily commuting bike and I am considering one of these. My commute is 95% on paved roads at the moment but I would like the option of taking alternative routes which would be about 60% road / 40% light offroad. I would probably need to change the tyres to something less aggressive for the road sections and add mudguards and a pannier rack. It would also be nice to be able to do some weekend gravel rides. Would this be a decent option? I am currently using a Boardman Hybrid with 700c x 28mm tyres but it’s getting a bit scabby and will need some serious TLC soon.

chestrockwell

Perfect for that IMO.

dogbone

The advice I got (and followed) for a similar commute was to go 2x rather than the Trig’s 1x. Makes the road sections easier. I have a Vitus Substance vr2.

chakaping
    Free Member

No, but I personally wouldn’t want to without popping some 700c wheels on (which I’ve done on mine anyway).

It would be a great commuter then IMO.

cookeaa

I’d imagine commuting is the primary use of most “gravel bikes” sold in the UK.

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

The advice I got (and followed) for a similar commute was to go 2x rather than the Trig’s 1x.

That is my only concern with it but might not be a deal breaker. I’ve also looked at the Vitus Substance which looks like a good option.

I am planning on using a cycle to work scheme and annoyingly I’ve just noticed Chain Reaction aren’t currently offering this (they say it’s temporarily suspended) so I may have to look elsewhere. Sonder Camino looks like another decent option but a bit pricier compared to the sale price of the Trig.

chakaping
    Free Member

Back in stock in M, L and XL

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/ragley-trig-bike-ultra-violet?color=ultra-violet&sizeStandard=M

They had sold out before, hadn’t they?

jp-t853

They have been back for a while and they were listed as having 10% off the £1200 price at the weekend

willjones
    Free Member

Hi all – does anyone want to swap their XL trig frame for my as new L? I’m right between the two sizes and after a few longer rides would prefer the XL.

steelfeel
    Free Member

Hi Trigsters

I need your help please I saw a video advert for Pearson’s bike and it struck me what a great position I thought the rider had in the video it’s not a million miles away from trig geometry.

I like low drop bars like these can you suggest anything please

https://i.postimg.cc/XqHf2WqX/Grid-Art-20240420-174806485.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.