• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA: Lonely Mountains (an MTB game) now has a free demo
  • n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://store.steampowered.com/app/711540/Lonely_Mountains_Downhill/

Had this one in my maybe wishlist for a while, nearly bought it last month but forgot about it, but today visited the store page and discovered a little fun demo that some of you might like and might buy the full game plus add-on content.

It’s a bit hyper-sensitive to play on keyboard, it recommends a controller, but it’s playable.

Just played for ~30mins, very fun and lots of virtual broken bones/deaths! 😆

Superficial
    Free Member

This was on Xbox game pass when I had a free trial a couple of months ago (It might still be). Genuinely great fun, I spent several hours on it.

It’s super simple but when excellent controls and it really encourages you to explore and find new lines.

Highly recommended from me.

dirkpitt74

Looks fun – thanks for the heads-up, might put the demo on my MacBook.

Riofer
    Free Member

Got this on the switch, great game really nice vibe to it. Lots of lines to discover off the main tracks, occasionally I nail it, mostly I fall off the mountain to a bone crunching end

jamj1974

Great game with as said above – a lovely vibe. Great fun and especially when you explore the mountains more.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Still on Gamepass, brilliant for chilled messing about. Think they revamped the bikes as I swear I had a gravel bike unlocked and now I only have a full sus. Controller is a must I reckon.

rs
    Free Member

Guessing I’m just too old and crap at video games to be able to last more than 5 seconds without dying in this. Looks fun, but my brain isn’t coordinating with the perspectives and steering.

twistedpencil

You can change the steering if you want, but its worth persevering with as when it clicks it works really well.

Its a great game that reminds me why I loved gaming years ago, no online folks shouting at me, simple objectives and fun to play.

Not quite up there with Deathchase 3D, but close 🙂

crab
    Free Member

Thanks for that, was meaning to get this at some point anyway. Absolutely love the dynamics of crashes on the trailers I’ve seen.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

This is an absolutely superb game. I originally bought it on Xbox and then on the Switch so I can play it on the go. Lots and lots of fun to be had.

P.S there are multiple ways down each course, with lots of hidden freeride lines.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Finally, after probably more deaths than the UK official Covid stats and ~60mins playing time, I’ve finally just completed the initial 2min30sec demo challenge on keyboard… Go me! 😈

richmtb

I’ve seen this on Games Pass but not bothered with it yet. Sounds like I should give it a go

Alex

Finally, after probably more deaths than the UK official Covid stats and ~60mins playing time,

Glad to read that I was about to give up, took me ages to nail the first jump and then I keep randomly attacking the landscape. I reckon it’ll go better after a beer.

It’s easier with a controller. ie. you die a bit further on.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Guessing I’m just too old and crap at video games to be able to last more than 5 seconds without dying in this. Looks fun, but my brain isn’t coordinating with the perspectives and steering.

You can change the steering (on controller) to just point in the direction you want to go.

Glad to read that I was about to give up, took me ages to nail the first jump and then I keep randomly attacking the landscape.

Remember to pedal!

seosamh77
    Free Member

This is a tremendous wee game btw, great shout! Probly the best cycling game there’s ever been tbh!

rossburton
    Free Member

Played this for an hour, made it down the first run. My son picks up the controller and does it in five minutes. Goddamnit kids.

seosamh77
    Free Member

squirrelking

You can change the steering (on controller) to just point in the direction you want to go.

This is defo the way to control it, don’t try and control it with left/right steering.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I keep forgetting to play this game, but I’ve just started up Steam and there is a free DLC downloading.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve got it on the Xbox, it’s great but my god it can be frustrating!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Lonely Mountains (an MTB game) now has a free demo’ is closed to new replies.