Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • PSA House of Fraser five Ten sale
  • tjmoore

£39 for the white freerider pro is very tempting, even if they are half a size too large.

White though for off road shoes! 🤔

As for sizes, I’ve heard the Adidas versions are a size or two small compared to old Five Tens.

ajantom

As for sizes, I’ve heard the Adidas versions are a size or two small compared to old Five Tens.

I’m a size 46/11 in most brands, and having bought Impact Pro mids and Kestrel laces in this sale in 46, they both fit fine 👍

filks

Has anyone got theirs if they ordered in the last couple of weeks?

Mine are still processing and we have passed the ‘delivered by’ date….

binners

@filks – I ordered mine about a week ago and they arrived in 2 or 3 days.

I’m glad I went half a size up from my usual trainer size, otherwise they’d have been too tight. They’re bang on

I popped down to Evans this eve to try them on. Amazing for the price, and I’ve ordered a pair in my size, but they’re pretty stiff so you might want to keep some slippers in the office to change into 😄

To be fair @chapaking if I do go into the office, the most walking I’ll be doing is to the kitchen to get a coffee. They’re an absolute bargain at that price though

tomfun

Here’s my experiences…

I bought a pair of freerider pros that went through fine (delivered on 3 days)

Ordered another pair that wouldn’t go past processing (black kestrel boas). Contacted customer services and got told they were having system issues with 5.10 shoes and was advised to let them cancel the order and try again. The second order for the black kestrel boas also got stuck in processing. I moaned to customer services again and asked why they couldn’t place the order manually. I just got told they they couldn’t do that, have a £10 voucher as a sorry.

I ordered the Kestrel boas in Olive and they arrived within 3 days (and ten sterlings cheaper 😁)

It appears that the system issue is only affecting certain SKUs 🤷🏼‍♂️

reeksy

I’ve ordered some Kestrels… will be interesting to see how long they take to make it here.

ajantom

Both pairs I’ve ordered have come with Sports Direct style ‘Sale Stickers’ on them.

I wonder if stock numbers are shared between all the Mike Ashley owned businesses – SD, Evans, HofF, etc.
    So it wouldn’t surprise me if when you order they get taken off the shop floor and sent on to you. Which would account for the random length of delivery times.

rockbus

Well I ordered some trailcross XT on Sunday and they arrived today so pretty impressive.

I went up a size from normal shoes (as I have with previous five tens). But these certainly feel narrower and bit tighter. Such a bargain though that I think I’ll still keep up and hope they ease a bit with use (next size up would be  too big I expect)

filks

They refunded the black kestrel boas without any prior communication today, apparently due to out of stock.

So I’ve ordered the olive ones. Fingers crossed that works out….

mlltt

So after some back and forth with Evans, apparently it’s actually PayPal who I need to speak too regarding my payment being “authorisation in progress”. And evans can’t refund me, so it a case of ringing PayPal now?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

So what’s the sizing like then? Those kestrel boa at 52 quid look worth a punt

im a size 9 uk usually wear 44 shimano shoes or 44 crankbrothers mallet

Is it safe to go 44 in these?

40mpg

I ordered some Kestrel boas in olive on 22 jan. Got the processing email but nothing since.
    Think i need to chase up…

walowiz

Anyone know how the fitting is like for the kestrel boa’s ?

Same as the usual 510 sizing ie go up a size (or half), before I take a punt on a pair?

tomfun

I’m 11.5 and bought both Freerider pros and kestrel boas in 11.5

I’d say the kestrels are a smidge smaller than the Freeriders.

If you intend to wear them in the winter with thick socks, I’d say size up. Mine are only going to be for summer/ dry use so for me, they’re spot on.

walowiz

Thanks @tomfun

filks

Kestrels come up small. Mine are 9.5 and I’m a 9 normally

escrs
    Free Member

If you go on the House of Fraser website and go to the Five Ten freeriders they are doing the black and haze yellow ones for £27 if you get them on their buy now pay later scheme with 0% interest for 3 months

Im guessing they have loads in this colour and they are not shifting them hence the discount if you use their finance scheme

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/brand/five-ten/freerider-mountain-bike-shoes-140110#colcode=14011013

nowad
    Free Member

Bought trailcross and freerider when on special a few months back. Been wearing freerider for ages and always a size 11. These all came up small so went 12. Slightly too big so 11.5. So maybe go up a half size.

reeksy

Olive Kestrel lace-ups made it to Oz in just over a week…

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.