• This topic has 58 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • PSA House of Fraser five Ten sale
  • finbar
    Free Member

Same as Evans I think. They’re all part of the Mike Ashley empire (I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if Agent Provocateur starts banging out cheap MTB shoes soon…).

appltn

£39 for the white freerider pro is very tempting, even if they are half a size too large.

elray89
    Free Member

I am tempting myself to get a set of Trailcross for summer, so I don’t have to wear my big chunky Etnies Culvert Mid – they’re fantastic but get so warm!

chakaping
    Free Member

£39 for the white freerider pro is very tempting, even if they are half a size too large.

Have you had Freerider Pros before?

They are a full size up from standard Freeriders and half size up from Freerider EPS for me.

jim25

Be interested to see if they actually turn up, I ordered some from Evans last week and had the order cancelled and refunded without any notice, I phoned and asked why to be told the it computer system has no idea of 5 ten stock levels so they are cancelling all online 5 ten orders

towpathman

Ordered a pair last night, had a dispatched email this morning, and this evening an email from Evri saying they will be delivered tomorrow

Pickers

I ordered a pair last Friday lunchtime with the cheapest Evri delivery.Arrived 9:45 Saturday morning.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the women’s and men’s variant in the same model use the same last and they are just different colours?

wildfires3

I am sorely tempted at £39… but I do have a brand new pair in a box….

stevemorg2

Ordered a pair of Trailcross for my wife yesterday and they arrived today – share they don’t have any of the Goretex ones in stock but its a great deal on the non gtx ones!

bland

I was going to get some but on closer investigation they dont actually seem that good so think ill stick with what works in stead of wasting money on something just because its in the sale!

chiefgrooveguru

“ Does anyone know if the women’s and men’s variant in the same model use the same last and they are just different colours?”

Same last, just different colours (unless they’ve changed it more recently). I bought the women’s Freerider Pro a few years back because the colours were better.

bearGrease

@chakaping so are you saying the free rider pros come up larger than stated size?

Mugboo

beargrease – I’m somewhere between 9 and 10 depending on brand. I have previously tried on some 510’s in a 9 but they were too tight (can’t remember the model but I seem to think they were the clunky ones). I bought a pair of the Freeriders from House of Fraser in a 10 and they fit like a proper size 10 to me.
    I think I could have got a away with a 9 1/2 but they’ll be fine.

cookeaa

Prices appear the same as they were from Evans pre-xmas, unless postage is free(?)

Either way I’m not biting again, the bargains can wait till after the longest gap between pay days ever…

teenrat

Has anybody got one if the five ten windbreaker jackets?  Any reviews welcome before I buy.

zerocool

I think WideOpen had a review of the 5Ten jacket recently.  Think

chakaping
    Free Member

@chakaping so are you saying the free rider pros come up larger than stated size?

No, they come up a size smaller, for me

sv

I bought a pair of free riders and take a 46Wide in Shimano, the 5:10 11.5 fits.

mlltt

Anyone seen any free rider pros in 10.5? Ordered off Evans on the 21st of Jan, and it’s still processing!

noneoftheabove
    Free Member

I like the look of the Trailcross Mid Pro at that price. Do they have a similar fit to the rest of the fiveten range with a relatively wide fit, as I have a pair of freerider that are super comfy?

kelvin

There’s no “similar fit” across the models at all these days.

Trailcross Mid Pro are my favourite shoes… they are summer only though.

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s no “similar fit” across the models at all these days.

Trailcross Mid Pro are my favourite shoes…

What’s the fit like on these then? Compared to normal Freeriders, Freerider Pros or M&S carpet slippers?

nwgiles

“ Does anyone know if the women’s and men’s variant in the same model use the same last and they are just different colours?”

I did the same with hellcats, different colours and the women’s sizes stop at 9 is the only difference

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning, the box was put in a bag way too big so box opened up, shoes hanging out, box destroyed, totally brain dead packers + Evri depot morons = local courier apologising for the state of my package for the second time this year and we’re still only in January.

ajantom

Kestrel clipless shoes have been discounted further, and are now £26 + postage. Most of the sizes seem to be available.

chrisyork

Got some FiveTen trailcross boot type ones, very nice but got to admit for shoes not waterproof and more a summer’ish type shoe I wouldn’t spend £145 on them. I would however spend £40!

kimbers

anyone used the freerider pro canvas –

are they sponges in the wet ?

asbrooks

I find the soles of the trailcross shoes too flexible/thin. I get pressure spots arising from the pins on the pedals, which leads to premature fatigue. Anyone looking to get these should be aware of this.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do the Kestrels use the same last as any of the other Five Tens?

only1mikey

@kimbers – fairly certain the freerider pro ‘canvas’ are a rebadged ‘Prime blue’ edition that launched a couple of years ago.  Certainly look the same.

I own a pair of Prime blue and they’ve been ok in the wet, and dry out quick enough.  AFAIK the sole of the prime blue was meant to be slightly less grippy compound than the regular pro (longer lasting for eco-credentials) but I’ve not found an issue with them.

ads678

Got some FiveTen trailcross boot type ones, very nice but got to admit for shoes not waterproof and more a summer’ish type shoe I wouldn’t spend £145 on them. I would however spend £40!

You see I like Trailcross for wet weather riding as they drain water out rather than keeping it in and dry pretty quickly. I wear waterproof socks with mine with a thin sock underneath if its cold. I’ve had Trailcross shoe and the mid pro version.

I find the soles of the trailcross shoes too flexible/thin. I get pressure spots arising from the pins on the pedals, which leads to premature fatigue. Anyone looking to get these should be aware of this.

Weird innit, cos I don’t find this at all. Thats with Nukeproof Neutron pedals anyway.

chiefgrooveguru

“fairly certain the freerider pro ‘canvas’ are a rebadged ‘Prime blue’ edition that launched a couple of years ago.  Certainly look the same.

I own a pair of Prime blue and they’ve been ok in the wet, and dry out quick enough.  AFAIK the sole of the prime blue was meant to be slightly less grippy compound than the regular pro (longer lasting for eco-credentials) but I’ve not found an issue with them.”

Interesting! The reviews I read of the Prime Blue said the recycled sole was less sticky. The Pro Canvas claim to have the usual S1 Stealth sole so it’s probably an upper like the Prime Blue had but with the usual sole. I hope so because I’ve ordered two pairs for the kids!

binners

Kestrel clipless shoes have been discounted further, and are now £26 + postage. Most of the sizes seem to be available.

Cheers for that. An absolute bargain! I’ve just ordered a pair for commuting duties as they look like those rarest of beasts – an SPD shoe thats comfy enough to wear around the office all day without screaming ‘look at me, I cycled in!’ 😀

40mpg

I ordered some Kestrels (boa) on 22 Jan. Had an email saying order received and to expect delivery by 28 jan – but nothing since.

Keeping fingers crossed they dont get cancelled.

mlltt

After 10 days I messaged Evans to ask where my order was. They’ve now decided they don’t have stock and will issue a refund in 5-7 days. Slightly annoying

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Same as Evans I think. They’re all part of the Mike Ashley empire (I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if Agent Provocateur starts banging out cheap MTB shoes soon…).

Sports Direct is an identical style website and stock, pricing too

chakaping
    Free Member

An absolute bargain! I’ve just ordered a pair for commuting duties as they look like those rarest of beasts – an SPD shoe thats comfy enough to wear around the office all day without screaming ‘look at me, I cycled in!’

I popped down to Evans this eve to try them on. Amazing for the price, and I’ve ordered a pair in my size, but they’re pretty stiff so you might want to keep some slippers in the office to change into 😄

Fwiw I had to go for 11, and I’m usually a 10 in trainers.

Got a pair of them and a pair of Trail cross xt (10.5 in those) for £72 posted – can’t grumble at that 😃

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

This was hard to find

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.