Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • PSA, Highlander movie, BBC1 now. 😡
  • tenfoot

One word is Utter, the other, Crap.
    So you’re here in this thread because…?

To wee on our parade 🙄

maccruiskeen

You might want to tell Glenfinnan that.

He’s all ears

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1786536/

IdleJon

You should definitely watch it then give us a verdict untainted by nostalgia and rose tinted specs.

No, no, no, the report back will be that it’s crap. The only reason that we all love it is because we were <i>young</i> when we first watched whatever it. I watched it a few months ago, for the first time ever on a big TV with decent quality speakers, and it was gloriously terrible. I loved it but I’d hate it if I saw it fresh, partly because it’s a total mess but partly because I wouldn’t have that massive dollop of nostalgia, the longing to be messing around with my mates, talking about it in the pub over a sneaky underaged pint, and moving the conversation on to the finer points of The Bangles. (Astonishing the conversations I occasionally remember, but we were young and unenlightened! 😀 )

eckinspain
    Free Member

Before I watched the movie or knew much about it, I used to listen to A Kind of Magic on the way up the Highlands and remember thinking “this music really suits the landscape here!”.

desperatebicycle

I stayed away from the thread, cos Highlander is one of the 3 or 4 films I’ve walked out of the cinema before the end. Me and the wife thought it complete bollocks. Just so Dyna-ti knows he’s not alone 😁

doris5000

I watched it pretty fresh recently.

It’s entertaining Saturday night bollocks. Lots of good fights and silly magic, a bunch of stuff that barely makes sense, Christopher Lambert can’t act for toffee, the accents are pretty uniformly hilarious, the Kurgan is a really good fun pantomime villain (he’s probably the best thing in it tbh), IIRC the ‘hero’s girlfriend getting raped’ plotline felt dated.

6/10

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM