Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • PSA – Free PowerSharp system for your chainsaws :-)
  • geoffj

http://www.powersharp.eu/registration

It seems they have 1000 sets to give away. I was planning on giving it a go anyway, so it would be rude not to take advantage.

I know there are a few on here who have chainsaws.

Enjoy!

Mugboo

Cheers Geoff

Stoner
    Free Member

thanks geoff.

Worth a shot. They dont list my model of Stihl but I guess it’s not that important if it’s a universal product….soon find out 🙂

mucker

Thanks Geoff could’nt find my model of stihl so did’nt complete and don’t you need the specific powersharp chain as well?

geoffj

Thanks Geoff could’nt find my model of stihl so did’nt complete and don’t you need the specific powersharp chain as well?

I *think* the offer is for bar, chain and sharpener.

Fingers crossed anyway.

geoffj

I’d given up on this, but just received an email saying my kit has been despatched – happy days!

PhilChap

I’d forgotten all about it, no sign of an email though 🙁

Mugboo

Just got my email through today 🙂

duntstick
    Free Member

Just received kit comprising of bar ,new chain and powersharp tool.

Nice one Geoff.
    Cheers

geoffj

😀

*drumms fingers on desk waiting for postie to turn up

sharkbait
    Free Member

Saw the original post and thought my chainsaw would be too old, but have had a poper look and it’s listed so will see if I’m now too late.

paul_m

Missed this first time around, but have just submitted my details, so fingers crossed

woodchip46
    Free Member

Got my package today. Contains, chain, bar and sharpener, but also a free pair of gauntlets which was a nice suprise.

Thanks to Oregon but mostly to Geoff for the heads up in the first place. STW is great sometimes.

Bring on the winter wood heap!!!

globalti
    Free Member

Bleddy ueless web form won’t accept my chain length. Maybe because the saw is a Ryobi. ****ts.

scotsman
    Free Member

got mine this afternoon, forgot all about it TBH, chain sharpening session tomorrow morning, think there are six hanging up in the shed.

woodchip46
    Free Member

If you provide feedback on the web they’re send a 2nd free chain too. Assuming it would come with a new sharpening stone as chain and stone are meant to be replaced together.

BTW globalti what length is your bar? There should be one around the size you want, chain length is determined by bar length so pick a bar size and the chain will match. These are my thoughts BTW I’m no expert.

beanieripper
    Free Member

its crap though, they dont list any decent pro saws..

timbur
    Free Member

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the heads up.

Tim

geoffj

Yay – mrs j’s turned up at her work and another set has arrived at my mum’s.
    The gloves look good too!

bedmaker

Another one here today – thanks OP

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I got a set and I don’t even own a chainsaw! 😆

(Heads over to Ebay…)

globalti
    Free Member

OK, I filled the from for a 14″ Husqvarna 240. Let’s see what happens.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mine’s arrived. Will fit it this afternoon I think. Probably take it for a spin tomorrow – have a few cords which I could lop up.

I think thing to note, is that it’s a 3/8″ pitch chain, so taking that into account, and the fact that there’s no identifying markings on the packet or the bar, it should be universal. Will find out when I try and whack it on the MS-230.

Drac

Missed this previously, submitted now.

PhilChap

Mine arrived today, thanks for the heads up.

z1ppy

I came to this party late (a week ago) but have just had the email saying my kit is onthe way… might still be worth a trying.

z1ppy

bloody hell the courier was quick.. on my doorstep this morning, an hour after the email arrived.

Stoner
    Free Member

Out f the box my chain was sharp. Made short work of a few lengths of ash I had lying around. But I doubt Im going to need to sharpen it for a while.

However mentioned it to a “pro” user in the pub the other evening and suggested he might have more use out of it than me so will let him have it and then post his findings on the site for the extra chain. In exchange he has a spare 12″ bar I can have. I got sent a 16″ one which is unnecessarily big for me as I dont even need my normal 14″ one.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Looked at it at the forestry show last year and was tempted to buy on to try but then thought it only takes a few minutes to sharpen the saw and it gives a nice break while doing it. But fair play if you got a free one.

geoffj

I’ve fitted and used mine a couple of times. It feels to be a bit more aggressive than a regular chain, but seems to work well. I’ve not had to sharpen it yet, as I rarely cut on the ground, so we’ll see how that goes when I need to.

I want one of these next

http://www.jocemetal.co.uk/page2.htm

organic355
    Free Member

Just got my email this morning too, perhaps it will be on my doorstep when I get home!

z1ppy

Well going by the courier’s delivery standards, I’d expect it to be there or just plain stolen.. delivery note said “on bricks” – luckily I’d already noticed the package in the corner outside

boblo
    Free Member

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

Got mine today. I’ve got a couple of tonnes to do in a month or so when next in France and this will help. I had two big trees blow over a few weeks ago and you can’t refuse free wood. It’s the law 🙂

Drac

Mine arrived this am too with bar, chain and a pair of gloves. Just bought some gloves on Thursday too damn it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

How long are you waiting between signing up and delivery? Did my form about 3 weeks ago but not heard anything. 😥

Drac

Just over a week for me.

Oh and huge thank you for the heads up.

geoffj

I think the depatch is a bit random tbh. I’ve received confirmation emails for 3 bits of kit and 5 have turned up. There is plenty of time for it to turn up yet IMHO.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Thank you for your interest in Powersharp®

Over the last month we have distributed more than a 1000 test packs with free PowerSharp®.
    So, unfortunately you can no longer test our product for free.
    You can however become inspired by the testimonials from all the people that participated from different countries .
    Thank you for your interest in PowerSharp®.
    Oh crap……. looks like I’m not getting one if I haven’t had one by now 😐

edit; just checked…. registered 2 weeks ago so maybe OK.

z1ppy

As above, I came to this thread late, and emailed them about a week before it arrived, say 2 weeks ago at most…

davidrussell
    Free Member

thread resurrection 🙂

Got mine on weds afternoon, very nice surprise it was too. Looks like an interesting bit of kit and the gloves were a welcome bonus, although i found the left glove a bit tight.

will need to mod the saw as its not quite the right chain for it (annoyingly they didn’t spec the husqvarna model i have) but looking forward to trying it. If it is as easy as it looks it will certainly be getting the thumbs up from me as shaprening a chain well is a necessary evil 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Free PowerSharp system for your chainsaws :-)’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM