Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • PSA -Dualit 4 slice toaster £135
  • roverpig

Never had any problem with the kettle pouring to be honest. I tip it up, the water goes in the cup, what more do you want :)

kelvin

Our Tefal Toast N Egg cost £35.61 in 2016, and I thought that was expensive.

Wow, looked it up. I think that beats a Teasmade.

Rio

As a PSA to the OP’s PSA, they’re slightly cheaper in store. Picked up the kettle yesterday for £71 at Costco in Watford.

pondo

It does, perfectly consistently, for about £99 less than a Dualit (Tefal Toast N Egg @2016 prices, Dualit @ 2024 PSA prices). :)

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Surely you use the hot plate on the Aga?

We used to but I eventually persuaded Mrs Door that it needed to go as it was a hateful 1950s hunk of iron that was only good for toast but was on 24/7, drinking oil like I was a Saudi prince. Replaced it with an induction range that, shock horror, you can actually switch off when you’re finished.

I’d rather have a decent toaster that looks good, lasts many years and is repairable, than buy cheap buy twice and contribute to the evergrowing problem of defunct stuff going to landfill.

YMMV

frankconway

As for…the kettle looks like it’s a bad pourer – what does that mean?
    Unless you’ve used one any comment about functionality is redundant.

funkmasterp

Looks nice if you can afford it. Bit too pricey for me. Our toaster cost about £20 and is going on for 15 years old.

gordimhor

Bought a Breville 4 slice toaster more than 15 years ago cost approx £35 still going strong.
    I have probably jinxed it now.
    Also it does’nt boil eggs or talk to me for which I àm truly thankful

ElShalimo

As for…the kettle looks like it’s a bad pourer – what does that mean?

it means that it looks like it’s a bad pourer

diggery
    Free Member

I absolutely love toast and toasting things. I support UK industry where I can and purchase items that make long term financial sense.

I do not understand the love for the Dualit toasters.

Every time I’ve used one the mechanism tends towards “trap and fold” rather than “eject”. Anything squishy, like Lakeland Plum Bread, or Malt Loaf, or even lightly toasted split tin loaf just buckles sideways into the mesh.

Vertical ejector for the win!

paulwf

Every time I’ve used one the mechanism tends towards “trap and fold” rather than “eject”

My children manage to eject it onto their plates.  Doesn’t work with all bread, but it does fire it towards you.

I am sure at some point the leve will snap

noneoftheabove
    Free Member

I bloody love toast, and I was chuffed when my SO let me get the dualit. I have yet to test the claimed 160 slices an hour (maybe worth checking that precise figure) but ambition is everything.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.