Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • PSA: Curtis frames stoopid cheap on CRC… British steel goodness
  • Vortexracing

already ahead of you, using topcashback and the UK15 code 😉

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Sultan frame looks tempting

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Brilliant frame james, for that price its a steal.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Would a 19″ be too big for me at 6 foot?

I only have 100mm Rebas for it too

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

No, Im 6 foot 2 and ride an XL with a 70mm stem and inline post so the L should be spot on

Edit: If your Rebas are the newer model you can lose a spacer to get 120mm

mrblobby
    Free Member

Those BeOne raw carbon frames are very tempting too… hmmmm…

lovetoride
    Free Member

Oh good spot, tempted now for a curtis freeride, was considering PA and BFE etc. Anyone know how they ride?

Vortexracing

I’ve only gone and done it 🙄

Hope its here for the weeekend

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Why are they dodgy geometry?

Head angle seems a bit steep, maybe the chainstays seem a bit long, especially for a freeride frame.

I had a go on a Super X years ago and I remember thinking it rode a bit funny, especially considering it cost so much.

elliott-20
    Free Member

I didn’t resist. Those Turners we’re too tempting. 😯

I even got 100% approval off Mrs Elliott-20. The signing my name in blood bit was a little obscure but hey, what the hell…

😀

ashfanman
    Free Member

Cove frames are cheap, some with 63% off

There’s also a full one percent off 2012 Handjob frames, saving a massive four pounds: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41232

But only in 17.5″. Oh, and only in ‘Team Blue’. The rest you’ll have to pay full RRP.

Most pointless sale ever? 😆

DT78
    Free Member

wow some serious temptations there – now, why can’t they do a fork firesale!!!

godzilla
    Free Member

I didn’t resist. Those Turners we’re too tempting.

What did you get? i fancy 5 spot.

remoterob
    Free Member

Not a frame, but the chain device section is worth a look…and this time it’s not just 5 bolt!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Planning on 5″ forks on my S1 and a short stem. Can. Not. Wait.

elliott-20
    Free Member

godzilla – Member
    I didn’t resist. Those Turners we’re too tempting.

What did you get? i fancy 5 spot.

Yeah I hit on a medium raw 5 Spot. Hoping it’s sized okay as at 5′ 10″ I’m between sizes. I went on the basis I ride a 16″ Chameleon now which comes up almost an inch smaller all round compared to the Medium Turner and that suits me how I like to ride.

I’ve always loved Turners since the ‘Burner’ days but their ’boutique’ price was always a deal breaker when considering a full sus.

A bit of a whim but we only get one shot at this life thing don’t we. 🙂

Northwind

I could have spent thousands today, if I had them… Turners, Niners, even a wee sneaky Ragley Ti. Does make me laugh though, the number of times they’ve spammed me with sale emails that have been full of junk, and then along comes this stealth clearance that makes me instantly send them more money than I ever have before…

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I dunno what is wrong with me, i don’t want any of these frames!

v10
    Free Member

This thread just cost me a grand! Thanks 😆

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I just saw the Curtis’s (Curtii?) and thought buying one if those on impulse was enough so quickly closed the CRC website and haven’t been back! Someone shout when they do a similar thing with forks!

hora
    Free Member

Their Turner and Niner prices are damn tempting too…

I’d hold off. Stupidly I looked at turners geo page on their website and assumed 2010/11 would be the same. (its not). I had to buy offset bushes and a works component headset for my 2010 and it still felt like it was tucking-in and too tall.

Odd geo for a 5inch modern trail frame IMO. Saying that if you managed to trash etc the 2010 you’ll get a 2011 or 2012! warranty replacement effectively for chips 🙂

I’ve heard the same on the Curtis (bloody shame) that the geo makes it ride abit odd 🙁

Whereas a Sanderson? I’d love a 16″ one of those.

Edit -they aren’t cheap. Funny that!

PJay
    Free Member

There’s 87% of Scott Sub hybrid frames (£299 RRP now under 40 quid). Quite handy for anyone wanting to put together a cheap run around/hack bike (only in small though).

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=53047

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You could buy a Turner for dirty cheap, wait til the paint flakes off, get a warranty replacement and then try and flog it for £1100! 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Grrrrrrrrrr, waiting on a Medium Singular Swift bought off the classifides to try the geometry out, and now there’s a Large Niner on CRC, grrrrrrr.

If there’s any left by monday I might be getting a medium EMD or a large RIP.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You could buy a Turner for dirty cheap, wait til the paint flakes off, get a warranty replacement and then try and flog it for £1100!

Who would do such a dispicable thing? Not that I’m slightly bitter about his desperate need for a set of forks then selling them on at a profit 10 days later.

hora
    Free Member

Buy the Niner, hold onto it for a week then send back if the Swift doesn’t ride nice? Or…..simply stick the Swift back on STW and keep the Niner?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Do CRC charge a re-stocking or postage fee on unwanted/wrong size returns?

hora
    Free Member

Only post. Give them a quick call- open now.

hora
    Free Member

Not that I’m slightly bitter about his desperate need for a set of forks then selling them on at a profit 10 days later.

Yes, going through the dealer it took me a month. Once I complained and asked to go direct to Fisher, Fisher turned it around within 2days so I didn’t need backup forks after all.

£15 is hardly a profit. I had to drive down to a distribution centre and back again to collect the forks. TBH they could easily have gone for even more.

Do you think I could book my holiday to the Caribbean with this?

flange
    Free Member

But you put them up for more than you paid for them non? Thus turning a profit…..

hora
    Free Member

So take out the fuel. I ‘make’ £7? Jesus look out CRC.

What does pedantic mean? I imagine your good-self will be the one to ask.

wwaswas

a lot of people let stuff go on here for ‘not quite mates rates’ particularly if it’s someone they’ve dealt with before.

I wouldn’t dream of putting stuff on here for more than I paid for it under those circumstances. If you’ve benefited from someone elses generosity then pass it on, don’t try and make money out of it.

hora
    Free Member

I wouldn’t dream of putting stuff on here for more than I paid for it under those circumstances. If you’ve benefited from someone elses generosity then pass it on, don’t try and make money out of it.

“Mates rates”. I’ve bought a few things off of STW from regulars that turned out to be alot more worn than was advertised. It seems subjectivity goes hand in hand with ‘mates rates’ (i.e. ‘oh I avoid ebays fees’ ..no you know if you advertised it on ebay there is a high chance you’d get a Paypal chargeback’).

On STW you advertise what you feel is a fair price. At the end of the day the item only sells if its fairly priced. That could mean anything.

I wouldnt class £7 as a profit would you? After all, I haven’t factored in an hourly rate for the whole procedure etc 😉

I wonder how many of the pre-yen/£ price explosion items that are sold on here are sold at close to their pre price-rise RRP?

As I said, I’d rather someone sold something at a fair price for the quality of item than care about how much the person had paid for it themselves. I’ve had 3 sets of forks that desperately needed a service (not the Z1’s) and a frame that was photographed from its best angles.

Andy

So Hora “made” £15 on a pair of forks? WGAF. Get over it. They were his forks to sell at whatever price they were worth at the time and also taking into account postage he hardly made any money on them. Quit winging about it all the time TINAS 😀

hora
    Free Member

As I said, I look at the condition then think of a fair price.

I’d rather have that turn up than up-talked tosh turning up. Some of the kit sold on here seems to have been ridden into the ground and talked up abit IMO.

vinnyeh

Some of the kit sold on here seems to have been ridden into the ground and talked up abit IMO.

True. At least with Hora’s castoffs you know it’s either going to be very lightly used, or recently replaced under warranty.

flange
    Free Member

I wouldnt class £7 as a profit would you? After all, I haven’t factored in an hourly rate for the whole procedure

Surely the payoff for having the luxery of a ‘back up’ set of forks. And how does the quality of goods change the fact that you bought a set of forks off here, then stuck them back on at a higher price to make a profit.

hora
    Free Member

Aye, thats one thing I’ll never do- sell something that is questionable or dodgy (but shiny).

Flange – I’ve got alot of kit knocking about that I’d class as not worth selling.

Anyway- on CRC there are some truly hideous frames in their for sale section 😮

dizcostix
    Free Member

yay – new curtis xc100 853 frame for £184

bargainalicious!

flyingmonkeycorps

Thing is, when you advertise on here you always put it up for more than you ACTUALLY want ‘cos people never pay the advertised price. I imagine that’s what Hora did. Then someone offered him closer than he expected, he’s not going to say “oh no, I can’t POSSIBLY take that!”.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Curtis frames stoopid cheap on CRC… British steel goodness’ is closed to new replies.