Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • PSA: Check your Virgin Media bill for premium rate calls scam
  • piemann
    Free Member

Howdo all.

Checked my VM bill when it arrived and was very surprised to see a call to an 09 number lasting 21 minutes and amounting to £26.90. The call was apparently made when there was no one in the house. I queried it with Virgin and they told me it was an adult chat line and to make sure that no one from my household could have made the call (which there definitely was not – since we were both at work). At this point, they were still intending to charge me for it!
    I goggled the number and got nothing, then tried looking for other VM users who had similar problems. Bingo. In October 2008, exactly the same thing happened somewhere near London. I counted at least 30 people (just on one forum) all saying that a call lasting 21 minutes and cost £26.90. Another call to Virgin armed with this information and, hey-presto, they admitted that they had seen this type of ‘problem’ before and took the cost of the call of the bill.

So, people in the south Manchester area (seems to be a localised phenomenon each time, according to the web), check your bill carefully and watch for scams. Obviously, if you are actually ringing w*nk lines, this probably won’t help you (use the internet you nutter, like everyone else these days).

The 09 number dialled seems to change, depending on location, but the call is always 21 minutes in duration and always costs £26.90.

postierich
    Free Member

Been getting several calls to my Virgin landline,phone rings I pick up then I hear another phone ringing on the line then an automated voice telling me I was being put on hold.Must be a scam
    After the first time I just hang up now will be going ex directoree soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Check your Virgin Media bill for premium rate calls scam’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM