Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • PSA – Brooks C17 Cambium Beta Testers
  • dannybgoode

Seems Brooks are about to launch a new, non leather saddle – the C17 Cambium. Made from some form of rubber with a cotton shell.

Best bit is they’re looking for 100 beta testers and even better news is this isn’t some Facebook ‘Like’ this page bowlarks.

Just fill in the questionnaire on the Brooks website and they’ll pick out some lucky (if you like Brooks that is) testers.

Linky

Cheers

Danny B

rootes1

intresting! tried to register.. just get Mysql fail…

Errore nel salvataggio dei dati

System.Data.EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details. —> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. —> System.TimeoutException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

— End of inner exception stack trace —

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.HandleOrRethrowException(Exception e)

at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.BufferedStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadFully(Stream stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int32& insertedId)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ExceptionInterceptor.Throw(Exception exception)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.HandleTimeoutOrThreadAbort(Exception ex)

at MySql.Data.Entity.EFMySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Objects.Internal.ObjectQueryExecutionPlan.Execute[TResultType](ObjectContext context, ObjectParameterCollection parameterValues)

at System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery1.GetResults(Nullable1 forMergeOption)

at System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.Queryable.Any[TSource](IQueryable1 source, Expression1 predicate)

at ASP.cambium_default_aspx.Save(shop_users data),MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. —> System.TimeoutException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadFully(Stream stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int32& insertedId)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ExceptionInterceptor.Throw(Exception exception)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.HandleTimeoutOrThreadAbort(Exception ex)

at MySql.Data.Entity.EFMySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior),System.TimeoutException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior),System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count),System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

dannybgoode

You just have to keep submitting until it goes through. The announcement was only made a few hours ago and I think the sites is very busy.

Took me about 6 tries. Didn’t lose any of the info between attempts but cut and pasted my ‘pick me’ bit just in cases…

Cheers

Danny B

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, same here, tried twice.
    It crashed twice. 😐

rootes1

their contact form also results in the same error.. Italian wiring clearly…

trail_rat
    Free Member

mine went somewhere. – did it on the ipad

soma_rich
    Free Member

Mine worked first time, email verification took a while though!

dannybgoode

Still not had the email verification and mine went last night!!

Cheers

Danny B

portlyone

Maybe a tiny bit of moisture got in there and ruined it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heh worked first time 😎

Immediate verification too!

brakes
    Free Member

really like the look of the saddle 🙂

easygirl

Signed up, when do I get my free saddle 😀

brakes
    Free Member

there were a lot of unrelated marketing questions which makes me a bit cynical about applying. I expect there will be thousands of applications from all over the world so the chances of ‘winning’ will be very low but they’ve got a load of marketing data from people who have a genuine interest in Brooks.

DrP

By making myself sound zany and funky in the free-text section, I’m sure to be a winner….

DrP

dannybgoode

@brakes – why wouldn’t they?! There’s no such thing as a free lunch and all that and there’s nothing in there that would be particularly useful to third party marketeers.

Cheers

Danny B

brakes
    Free Member

I WANT FREE STUFF AND NOT MARKETING EMAILS! 😉

dannybgoode

Click the box not to join their mailing list at the bottom then – job done. TBH the Brooks dispatch email is a) infrequent and b) quite interesting.

Cheers

Danny B

annebr
    Free Member

Well until the prices of their other stuff comes down a bit I’m unlikely to buy anything except possibly a saddle. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

did anyone ‘win’ the opportunity to test these?
    I didn’t 🙁

fourbanger
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ll be buying another Brooks after reading this on the Spa cycles website.

Sadly after 35 years Brooks England (Selle Royal) have decided to no longer supply us with their products.

Brooks saddles are now on sale to make room for a larger range of our own better value, higher quality Spa leather saddles (read the reviews).

Pretty uncool really.

robdob
    Free Member

I wonder why they stopped supplying them? Doesn’t give any clues really. Spa cycles are an age old shop, I would have thought their clientele would be perfect brooks customers. Weird.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Implication is Brooks would no longer sell to Spa as Spa introduced a competitive product. That’s how I read it.

robdob
    Free Member

Yeah I thought that too. The Spa ones look very good, and great price too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

id go a bit further tahn competitive product.

its a bit like me going into macdonalds – buying a burger from them – then walking out side making a very very similar looking burger – selling it on their door step for less…..

flap_jack
    Free Member

The rails always break on a Brooks. Very tempted by a Spa one.

RustySpanner

Brooks (now owned by Selle Royal) disappeared up their own fundament, went for the ‘more money than sense’ market & became a lifestyle product designed to appeal to rich Americans and pissed off their loyal fan base.

Spa saw a gap in the market and introduced a rance of excellent quality saddles that happened to be very good value for money.

I’ve got one – it’s ace 😀

Brooks saw their arse and have stopped supplying Spa, so I was told.

Shame, I’d rather buy British than Chinese, but not when the piss is being taken.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Trail rat, McDonald’s didn’t invent the burger.

trail_rat
    Free Member

and ?> the point is they coppied it and selling it cheaper to the same target market . . dont tell me you wouldnt be pissed off ?

flashes
    Free Member

I can’t get my entry to submit, oh well, la de da, la de da………

fourbanger
    Free Member

The point is Trail rat, there used to be a whole host of companies making leather saddles. Brooks happens to be one of the survivors. Since leather saddles are back on trend, Spa saw the opportunity to bring their take on a good quality touring saddle, to market. The fact some of Spa’s saddles look like some of Brook’s saddles is simply because that’s what traditional leather saddles look like. Only nerdy cycle tourists are going to buy from Spa. I think it’s pretty bad form from Brooks.

RustySpanner

Only nerdy cycle tourists are going to buy from Spa.

Oi!

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, I used to have a Bristol saddle – it was lovely, looked a lot like a Brooks Swallow.

I’m still waiting for Brooks to bring back this model:

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Brooks C17 Cambium Beta Testers’ is closed to new replies.