Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Psa Bladerunner
  • CheesybeanZ

If you like Rutger Hauer and 80s films try The Hitcher .

Pigface
    Free Member

One of my favourite films, much prefer the original with the narration. The later ones make it very obvious that Deckard is a SPOILER ALERT.

gears_suck
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    I’ve got a box set with 3 different versions including+/- the voiceover

I just haven’t been able to find it. I guess I’ll have to up my search game.

unknown
    Free Member

Watched it for the first time last night. Wasn’t awful,but it was very ordinary. Don’t believe the hype.

gears_suck
    Free Member

unknown – Member
    Watched it for the first time last night. Wasn’t awful,but it was very ordinary. Don’t believe the hype.

Let me guess…. You loved Bridget jones Diary and you’re 12.

unknown
    Free Member

Nope, in my 30s, despise romcom and most popular cinema. Enjoy interesting and thoughtful films from all eras, just thought bladerunner was pretty dull and unremarkable.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    RustySpanner

unknown – Member

Nope, in my 30s, despise romcom and most popular cinema.

That’s you’re problem right there – you’re trying to hard.

Despising a film because of it’s genre or popularity is a pretentious affectation.
    Admitting that we’re all different and that art is subjective will make you a much happier person. 🙂

gears_suck
    Free Member

Yeah.. So there.. That’s what I wanted to say..

unknown
    Free Member

I hate romcoms because they don’t appeal to me. I don’t like most stuff in the cinema not because it’s popular, but because it’s often dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, I don’t think that’s pretentious and some popular movies are good.

And I only offered an opinion on a film, didn’t say I’m right and you’re all wrong.

Klunk
    Free Member

always thought like Alien the look and feel of the film wouldn’t date, it would still be futuristic until we actually get hover cars and attack ships off the shoulder of orion. Fell over badly when he used the payphone 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It makes more sense if you’ve read the book – but not much. If you’re prepared to let that go though it’s a good sequence of cinematic set pieces.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Used to be a fave when I was in my twenties. Watched it many times.
    Find it a bit tedious now. Not the film’s fault, just that my tastes have changed.

I can completely understand people coming to it for the first time being underwhelmed though.

midlifecrashes

PSA ish, if you missed it, it’s on iPlayer until next Thursday

Moses

Scott used to commute from his home in Stockton to college in Hartlepool past the flarestacks and chimneys of ICI Billingham works. Apparently that’s the inspiration for the opening scenes of urban dystopia.

One for we smoggies & monkey-hangers!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I think I would rate Total Recall and Predator ahead of Bladerunner I do remember enjoying it. Not sure if I’m quite ready to watch it again yet though.

DezB
    Free Member

I think I would rate Total Recall and Predator ahead of Bladerunner

😯

sorry rusty! – Admitting that we’re all different and that art is subjective
    I have trouble with that sometimes 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Pigface
    Free Member

Now that is just hysterical

zilog6128

Whilst I’d agree BR is an excellent and thought-provoking film, with an undeniable legacy in terms of the influence it’s had, I’ve always thought the action-sequences were poorly done and have dated very badly. I think it would have been a better, more cerebral, film with them kept to the bare minimum.

Whereas Predator has some of the finest action scenes ever filmed, from start to finish. And nothing else. As a result it is highly focussed. I’d rather watch that any day of the week tbh. Blade Runner I can happily leave years between viewings.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Exactly what Zilog said.

Now that is just hysterical

Total recall because it is actually hilarious, not because they tried to make it so.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Original Total Recall is like Citizen Kane compared to the later version.

But Bladerunner, every time.

AlexSimon

It must be difficult coming to Blade Runner for the first time after having already seen so many films/TV programmes that it influenced.

Incredible film imo. Unfortunately, I’m not so sure Ridley Scott knows why it was so good, so I’m nervous of a sequel/remake/thing.

jekkyl

I thought it was left open if deckard was replicant or not and there was no definitive answer?

noteeth
    Free Member

Memories…You’re talking about memories!

Always loved the film, but I’ve found it more affecting as I get older. I look at old photos – a childhood scene, old girlfriends, whatever – and sometimes wonder if they are real. 😳

xherbivorex
    Free Member

this thread just reminded me that i have the 30th anniversary edition bluray box set sat there at home that i need to get watched (5 different versions of the film, 10 hours of bonus features and a load of other good stuff)…

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Psa Bladerunner’ is closed to new replies.