Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Psa Bladerunner
  • evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

Bladerunner is on bbc4 at 22:00, i’m going to record it and watch it sometime with the wife as she hasn’t seen any films from the 80’s and we all know that’s when all good films came out. It seems as tho she bought a TV when bridget jones diary came out then sold it……wumen???

kimbers

Is it the remastered version ? Really is an improvement

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

It doesn’t mention, hope so.

grunty
    Free Member

The Virgin TV Guide say ‘2007’ for the year

ski
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

Is it the remastered version ? Really is an improvement

My guide says its the ‘Directors cut 2007’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

According to El Beeb, it’s

The 2007 final cut of Ridley Scott’s sci-fi classic.

piemonster

Yes, get in.

kimbers

Reshot the replicant getting shot running thru the glass windows with the original actress , its seamless too

And much more detail is visible on the cleaned up print

allthepies
    Free Member

FILM: Blade Runner
    On: BBC 4 (9)
    Date: Thursday 26th September 2013 (starting in 1 hour and 25 minutes)
    Time: 22:00 to 23:50 (1 hour and 50 minutes long)

Film noir meets science fiction in the 2007 final cut of Ridley Scott’s visually stunning and brutal sci-fi classic. An ex-cop sets out on the trail of androids who have mutinied in a bid to extend their limited lifespan and fled back to a ravaged Earth, long since abandoned by most of humanity. The penalty for their rebellion is death, but the replicants have the advantage of being near-perfect copies of humans with superior intelligence.
    (Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, 1982, 15, 5 Star)

Director: Ridley Scott
    Starring: Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Joseph Young, Edward James Olmos, M. Emmet Walsh, Daryl Hannah

colournoise

On screen Virgin guide showing 1982?

jekkyl

It’s too bad she won’t live… but then again who does?

brakes
    Free Member

if you’re going to introduce her to 80s films, you could at least pick a good one!
    :clip clops back under his bridge:

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

Just informed the wife she will be watching bladerunner, should have seen thd look i got back.

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

if you’re going to introduce her to 80s films, you could at least pick a good one!

Like?????

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bet it’s St Elmos fire or Flashdance or, heaven forbid, Dirty Dancing – Nobody puts Brakes in the corner…

allthepies
    Free Member

Na, Breakfast Club 😉

gears_suck
    Free Member

The original cinematic release had a voice over by Harrison Ford. I preferred that version to the director cut. What would I know right? That version is not available any more as liar as I can tell.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’ve seen things, you people wouldn’t believe

allthepies
    Free Member

Not true, see! 😉

FeeFoo
    Free Member

*whispers* overrated.

*runs and hides*

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

Nobody puts Brakes in the corner…

😆

kimbers

I’ve got a box set with 3 different versions including+/- the voiceover 🙂

somafunk

Oh good shout out, my folks are away on holiday so i’m gonna head over to theirs and watch it on the 50″ tv wi KRK surround sound and subwoofer turned up till the plaster falls from the ceiling….one of my fav films!

kimbers

If only I didn’t have 2 small children asleep upstairs (could put the surround sound on) a job and still smoked weed tonight would be ace

piemonster

Ha reading a newspaper, how quaint.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I like the way he gets out the flying car to make a telephone call

oxym0r0n

I want to see a negative, before I provide you with a positive…

[video]http://youtu.be/pFNhYCK7kJo[/video]

PS this works much better through BIG speakers!

somafunk

Made in time wi 2 minutes to spare 😀 , big comfy sofa, dark room, large auchentoshan and slab o’ fruit cake next to me, deep rumble from the opening credits/sub that i can feel through the floor and sofa – the only thing that is possibly absent is a mushie brew but seeing as it’s not quite “season” i’ll forgive myself that anomaly.

I haven’t watched a film in months so looking forward to this one 😀

maccruiskeen

So…. its set 6 years from now. That means we’ve got 6 years to get from ‘Unexpected item in bagging area’ to sexy sentient robots that want to kick your face off.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why oh why couldn’t they put this on tomorrow night. I’ll be round a mates with beer and schmokage. It could have been so good.

bigblackshed

Brakes, go and sit in the corner and have a word with yourself.

No way I can watch the whole film. I have to be up at 5. Hope it’s on iplayer.

brakes
    Free Member

Bet it’s St Elmos fire or Flashdance or, heaven forbid, Dirty Dancing – Nobody puts Brakes in the corner…

“yes ma’am, the data on the best 80s film is inaccurate”
    “how’s that lieutenant”
    “well, I just happened to see a film that was far better”
    “where did you see it?”
    “that’s classified”
    “what?”
    “it’s classified, I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you”

somafunk

Ooooo, i forgot just how scary Rutgar is,,,”if only i could see with your eyes”…..gulp,,,,,,,this ain’t gonna end well.

Onto 2nd Auchentoshan and 2nd slab of cake now, good shout evilclosetmonkey.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Never seen it before so thought I’d give it a go. Might go to bed in a minute.

somafunk

Do you actually have a beating heart?, are you aware of who Philip K Dick was and this films influence on the current film noir genre?, admittingly that was mostly due to Ridley Scott and his dystopian interpretation of Philip K Dicks original novel but that aside this is so much a current film of the way our society is headed.

athgray
    Free Member

It certainly bears up well over 30 years on from it’s release.

piemonster

I was just looking for a new waterproof cycling top.

somafunk

Wow…it’s a good 10 years since i last saw the film and it didn’t disappoint, as relevant today as when dick wrote the future – I’m left feeling slightly uneasy to our direction as a society, we seem to have set ourselves on a one way course to self consumption with our wanton fascination to continually consume and need to rely on continual growth to survive as a species but how?, if possible at all can we shirk this need we have established….Hmm – perhaps just too much whisky and brain activity as i don’t really drink these days………i may take the bike on the long way home by the riverbank to clear my head.

Sancho
    Free Member

just realised Rutger hauers character has the same name as my dad Roy Batty, how cool is that 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Psa Bladerunner’ is closed to new replies.