Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA aldi down sleeping bag £40
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Might be ok for a bit of summer bikepacking. Aldi are selling a 900gram 2 season down bag.
    I got one out for a look in the local store, its similar looking to the old Tesco down bag. Packs down pretty small in the stuff sack, might be worth a punt at 40 quid.

Free postage when ordered online i think

apologies if this has already been done i did try to search it

https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/081656189838300?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7eGMyNf42AIVpp3tCh1rEgLOEAAYASAAEgIkbfD_BwE

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m no camping expert but £40 on an aldi bag seems a bit steep.
    Maybe this is better value
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-15-20-ultralight-id_8382842.html

This one has the oddest review I’ve seen
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/nitestar-250-sleeping-bag-17-id_8392329.html

winston
    Free Member

I had a quick look at one today on my way home. They pack up small in a reasonable stuffsack and are a nice shade of green. Remind me of a cheap snugpac style bag. They look to me like they are worth 40 and no more. Personally, i’d rather spend a bit more and get quality down and quality stitching. How many summer down bags do you buy in a decade? It was a pass for me.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Thon review 😂😂

km79
    Free Member

This one has the oddest review I’ve seen

I think that doctor has been prescribing his own drugs!

asbrooks

But is the down ethically sourced?

takisawa2

They did an an own brand jacket online a few weeks ago, but at £80 I think most folk would go for a named brand despite the spec looking very good.

kimbers

Their waterproof socks are down to £6.50 in my local one ( and quite good, if a bit short)

csb

The reviewer has a point though, it’s important that a cocoon sleeping bag can be used for fancy dress purposes.

el_boufador

I bought one, comfort rating 7c, compresses v small. Bag itself is 800g stuff sack a further 50.

cookeaa

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>But is the down ethically sourced?</span>

The description says:

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem; color: #333333;”>Filling Material: </span><span class=”tier-two__attributes” style=”font-size: 0.8rem; color: #333333; box-sizing: border-box; font-weight: bold;”>85% Duck down, 15% Feather (not live plucked or from force fed birds)</span>

So… Maybe?

How ethical do you want your Aldi bargains to be?

bikemad
    Free Member

Buy a proper make bag for a little more & it’ll probably last a few years too,blacks where selling the eurohike down for £50 a while ago I looked at them last year but opted for an oex Helios from go-outdoors.

Remember to store bags lofted too my oex comes with a storage bag,someone mentioned on another forum that the aldi ones didn’t seem to puff up barely at all ! & the filling felt a bit rough,meaning bigger feathers = not so warm compared to proper makes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA aldi down sleeping bag £40’ is closed to new replies.