PSA aldi down sleeping bag £40

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA aldi down sleeping bag £40
  • Premier Icon NorthCountryBoy
    Subscriber

Might be ok for a bit of summer bikepacking. Aldi are selling a 900gram 2 season down bag.
    I got one out for a look in the local store, its similar looking to the old Tesco down bag. Packs down pretty small in the stuff sack, might be worth a punt at 40 quid.

Free postage when ordered online i think

apologies if this has already been done i did try to search it

https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/081656189838300?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7eGMyNf42AIVpp3tCh1rEgLOEAAYASAAEgIkbfD_BwE

Goldigger

I’m no camping expert but £40 on an aldi bag seems a bit steep.
    Maybe this is better value
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-15-20-ultralight-id_8382842.html

This one has the oddest review I’ve seen
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/nitestar-250-sleeping-bag-17-id_8392329.html

Premier Icon winston
    Subscriber

I had a quick look at one today on my way home. They pack up small in a reasonable stuffsack and are a nice shade of green. Remind me of a cheap snugpac style bag. They look to me like they are worth 40 and no more. Personally, i’d rather spend a bit more and get quality down and quality stitching. How many summer down bags do you buy in a decade? It was a pass for me.

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Thon review 😂😂

km79

This one has the oddest review I’ve seen

I think that doctor has been prescribing his own drugs!

Premier Icon asbrooks
    Subscriber

But is the down ethically sourced?

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

They did an an own brand jacket online a few weeks ago, but at £80 I think most folk would go for a named brand despite the spec looking very good.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

Their waterproof socks are down to £6.50 in my local one ( and quite good, if a bit short)

Premier Icon csb
    Subscriber

The reviewer has a point though, it’s important that a cocoon sleeping bag can be used for fancy dress purposes.

Premier Icon el_boufador
    Subscriber

I bought one, comfort rating 7c, compresses v small. Bag itself is 800g stuff sack a further 50.

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>But is the down ethically sourced?</span>

The description says:

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem; color: #333333;”>Filling Material: </span><span class=”tier-two__attributes” style=”font-size: 0.8rem; color: #333333; box-sizing: border-box; font-weight: bold;”>85% Duck down, 15% Feather (not live plucked or from force fed birds)</span>

So… Maybe?

How ethical do you want your Aldi bargains to be?

bikemad

Buy a proper make bag for a little more & it’ll probably last a few years too,blacks where selling the eurohike down for £50 a while ago I looked at them last year but opted for an oex Helios from go-outdoors.

Remember to store bags lofted too my oex comes with a storage bag,someone mentioned on another forum that the aldi ones didn’t seem to puff up barely at all ! & the filling felt a bit rough,meaning bigger feathers = not so warm compared to proper makes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA aldi down sleeping bag £40’ is closed to new replies.