• This topic has 112 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • PSA: 20% off eBay from 4pm today.
  • AlexSimon

This got me to pull my finger out and decide on a laptop.
    £50 off is pretty good.
    Fingers crossed that a grade-B refurb laptop is going to be up to the job!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA.
    Exposure Strada Mk6 ordered

AlexSimon

I thought it was weird about the price rise from some places.
    As mrblobby says – maybe they have a minimum advertised price (MAP) they are allowed to do. Quite common.

edd

I seem to have had the 20% off applied to my eBay purchase, but the full amount (ie without the 20% off) charged to PayPal. Any ideas?

nuke

Cheers OP…some new car mudflaps; its like Christmas early 😉

the full amount (ie without the 20% off) charged to PayPal.

Mine said that on the email but, having logged into Paypal on my laptop, it is the discounted amount

loddrik
    Free Member

BIG THANKS TO THE OP!!!!

Just bought my daughter an ipad air 2 for her upcoming 10th birthday. Perfect timing!!

Jason
    Free Member

Thanks. Just bought a new rear hub and a spare dive computer.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I seem to have had the 20% off applied to my eBay purchase, but the full amount (ie without the 20% off) charged to PayPal. Any ideas?

yes, 20% off that Paypal payment is from PP, not you. So if you checked how much PP had taken from your linked bank account, or off what was your previous balance, you’d see it was less than the amount paid out. Not the most obvious way of doing it, we were a bit confused the last time they had this promo.

bearnecessities

I bought some curtains & cushions I’ve been watching for.

WHAT?! I’m ill 🙁

There’s another set here if anyone’s interested – quite a whack off John Lewis price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Lewis-Aspen-Lined-Pencil-Pleat-Curtains-Blue-W-228cm-x-D-182cm-NEW-/161864299484?hash=item25afdd33dc:g:3agAAOSwI-BWJpx2

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

can’t help noticing all Absolute Cycles auctions end at 10.01pm tonight….

loddrik
    Free Member

Who makes up the shortfall? eBay surely?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Cracking, Christmas is now sorted and I got some new brakes at a cracking price.

grim168
    Free Member

Cheers OP. Just ordered a gimbal for my quadcopter

theflatboy
    Free Member

Cheers, good timing: winter gloves on the way 🙂

cp

Who makes up the shortfall?

EBay and PayPal

fooman

Has to be eBay & PayPal, but what they gain beyond generating more sales for sellers I don’t know. The things I bought were the same price they were weeks ago. Last time they ran this offer they had a ‘budget’ once this was used they pulled the code 8-9pm if I remember right. They probably account for it as advertising, cheaper than a TV run & gets people looking on eBay.

allthepies
    Free Member

Ta, one of those BT YouView boxes purchased.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

can’t help noticing all Absolute Cycles auctions end at 10.01pm tonight….

😆 theres only 5 listings that end at 10:01pm – probably a coincidence and thats out of 1243 listings and BIN Auctions are irrelevat

allthepies
    Free Member

They also had a “get 6x Nectar points on purchases” promotion on for today only.

So picked up the equiv. of £2 in nectar points to boot.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

must’ve been the 5 I looked at then!

So picked up the equiv. of £2 in nectar points to boot.

and you get 1% Topcashback with eBay now too.

edd

yes, 20% off that Paypal payment is from PP, not you. So if you checked how much PP had taken from your linked bank account, or off what was your previous balance, you’d see it was less than the amount paid out. Not the most obvious way of doing it, we were a bit confused the last time they had this promo

Thanks crashtestmonkey that’s exactly what’s happened.

kayla1
    Free Member

Sweet! Fox Launch knee and elbow pads ordered for me and him for £130-odd from Dennis Winter on ebay 😀

edit- saved just over £30!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just read back my “if you’d checked…” and it possibly reads like I was being sarky/arsey/patronising which wasn’t what was intended! Both me and t’other half used the last code and both did the “eh, what?” on seeing PP and had to double check.

Trying not to but some 80 quid brakes I don’t need….

aracer
    Free Member

Ooh, I just remembered what it was I was looking at buying on ebay…

twang
    Free Member

Gaahhh! £375 on a van heater. Red wine made me do it. GAAHHH!
    *It’s an investment, its an investment…*

Junkyard
    Free Member

thanks for almost sharing what it was

spacemonkey

To apply the discount code to multiple purchases I assume I do it via: Basket > Proceed to Checkout (ie pay for all items for all sellers) > and then enter the code?

I remember this being a right faff last time round.

EDIT: If a seller has to re-invoice me to account for combined postage, I assume that appears accurately in my basket when sent?

aracer
    Free Member

Well I’m not about to let you lot nip in before I do am I?

nuke

On the eBay ‘Checkout: Confirm Order’ page in the Paypal box on the right it says “This voucher or code (CUKF-x) is invalid. You’re not able to use it with this payment.

Yet the page itself show ths discount and the reduced price: anyone else getting that?

Didn’t notice it on my first purchase

aracer
    Free Member

I think your issue might be right there…

allthepies
    Free Member

The code is valid for one purchase only (multiple checkout items paid for together count as one purchase)

nuke

😳 Thanks chaps

…looks like the new hedge trimmer is going on the wife’s ebay account 8)

allthepies
    Free Member

🙂

As above, if you want to buy multiple items under the offer then add them all to your basket and then checkout everything in one hit.

beefheart
    Free Member

Cheers OP, I couldn’t resist and got myself a kayak!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

well I properly spanked that – a Garmin out front mount AND a 10 quid digital pressure gauge for tinkering with the CX bikes. Live on the edge, me 😉

andyl
    Free Member

arghhh can’t decide.

Reverb stealth for £152 (new but no warranty as private)

or get a reverb off here and some LB rims off their ebay store (works out as $418 – £50 compared to $414 direct). ie £50 off

DT78
    Free Member

Can you link the light bicycles ebay store? when I search I’m not sure I’m getting the right seller…

snownrock

Grand, money off a surround sound system and new freeview recorder for the new house and an epilator for the good lady…

Took a lot of my self control not to make an unnecessary Garmin Fenix 3 purchase, £215 with HRM…. hrmph!!

EDIT… just checked you cant use it twice 🙁

russyh
    Free Member

Right i need some new wheels, any recommendations for carbon rims 650b off ebay? don’t mind just the rims themselves, i will get them built here on hope hubs.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 20% off eBay from 4pm today.’ is closed to new replies.