Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • UK Bike Store being funny…
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good stuff mistadave; op’s mate sounds like a bellend of the highest order.

njee20
    Free Member

Wehay!

Kettle’s on. I’ve got digestives (caramel of course), some hobnobs, and possibly some custard creams at the bottom of the tin. What can I get folk?

cp

Ooooof, nice to see the other side of the story. If you really are Dave from ukbikestore then that’s a very reasoned response.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Customer being a dick……never 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Be interesting to hear what the OP has to say about that response above!!

m360
    Free Member

Nice response Dave. Always worth waiting to hear the full story. I wonder if the OP’s friend even knows this post is going on?

Will be interesting to see if the fork does actually get sent back to us or if the one supposedly coming from Merlin turns out to be imaginary and so he decides to keep it.

The forks from merlin got dispatched yesterday and should arrive today…

So, did they arrive yesterday?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Pretty boring when the shop in question makes a sensible and measured response to a situation. These threads are much more interesting when you get a rant of Dave Hinde proportions and the suggestion to settle it with a fight 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh dear. Looks like the OP has been bullshitted to.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I would like some pink fanny wafers as this is getting interesting.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve always found UKBikeStore great to deal with and very efficient at sending parts by post.
    The OP’s mate has been taking the piss and if I was UKBikeStore I’d had told him that he wouldn’t be getting a price match and no return.
    This is where (in this case) the SOGA benefits no-one but the guy trying to pull a fast one.
    Well done for UKBikeStore for rising above the silly behaviour!

theotherjonv

The OP’s mate has been taking the piss and if I was UKBikeStore I’d had told him that he wouldn’t be getting a price match and no return.

Yes to part one but legally they can’t to part 2.

Still not entirely sure he’s trying to pull a fast one, if he’d asked nicely and then not thrown his toys when he didn’t get the answer he wanted all would have been sweet.

I bought a bike a few years back. My LBS had them, but i could get one on line for way cheaper. I asked them if they wanted to match it or get close and they said they couldn’t get near. So i thanked them, they thanked me for giving them the chance, and we parted amicably. (I know it’s a shit story, but that’s basically how this one should have been give or take)

nemesis
    Free Member

Garibaldi for me please! I’m owed a tenner to pay for them 😉

or pay for his return shipping!

If this is the case, it sounds like the OP was misled about what UKBS said no to – sounds like they (legitimately) refused to pay the buyer’s return postage rather than refused the return.

gonzy
    Free Member

mistadave – thanks for your version of events. i spoke to my friend last night at great length and finally managed to get to the bottom of this. what he eventually said pretty much is the same as what you have stated.
    he’s a scatter brained lad at the best of times…he couldnt even remember when he initially ordered the forks and then after that everything else to him was a bit of a blur…due to this he gave me incorrect information on which i based my original post.
    turns out he has now admitted he never actually asked to return or cancel the order like he said to me and that he actually phoned UKBS after receiving the forks.
    whilst i feel that it wasnt completely unreasonable for him to ask UKBS to price match on the same fork that was cheaper elsewhere i pointed out that he should have done this when placing the order rather than after getting the forks and he definitely should not have asked to be reimbursed for the cost of sending them back….something he never mentioned to me until last night
    i agree that UKBS should not have doen a price match on something that was out of stock but he should not have asked for the price match at that stage. if he got them for less at merlin then he simply should have returned the forks from UKBS and asked for a simple refund without the need for complicating things…in his defence he is relatively new to biking and doesnt fully understand the the unwrtitten do’s and dont’s of buying bike stuff.
    he has had a massive bollocking from me in regards to giving me a half baked story which i posted on here and then defended him…making me look stupid in the process, and for allowing this to tarnish UKBS’s reputation.
    i’ve ordered stuff from UKBS in the past and never had an issue with them so i was surprised at what he described to him…for that reason i posted my original post. if he had given me the full version of events as they happened i would have told him he was in the wrong for a number of reasons.

so i guess i must apologise the Dave at UKBS for dragging their name through the mud and to the rest of the STW contributors on this thread for effectively leading them up the garden path.

as for the forks Dave, they were sent yesterday and should be arriving back to you in exactly the same condition they were sent out in…i.e. the parcel has not been opened

So, did they arrive yesterday?

the forks from merlin arrived on wednesday and appear to be UK spec ones with the 3 year warranty…he’s asked me to fit them for him this weekend so someone will be getting owned by them first…anyone got a spare of pitchforks i can borrow?

roverpig

Aw, that’s no fun.

nemesis
    Free Member

🙁 Do we have to put the pitchforks down…?

bigyinn
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

This is where (in this case) the SOGA benefits no-one but the guy trying to pull a fast one.

theotherjonv – Member

Yes to part one but legally they can’t to part 2.[/quote]
    So you didnt actually read what I wrote then? I KNOW they cant refuse a return because of the SOGA, but I’ve highlighted the bit in bold thats relevant.

honourablegeorge

An edited threadtitle might be a good idea – somethign loke “UK Bike Store – top lads”

gonzy
    Free Member

Do we have to put the pitchforks down…?

no…send them to me and i’ll put them to good use when i see him this weekend….the bombers are already there waiting for me

theotherjonv

Yes, i did read what you wrote which was that if you were UKBS you’d have told him …….. no return.

Which you know you can’t do, so i don’t understand why you’d say it. Unless you’re suggesting you’d be doing so to try to take advantage of someone who didn’t know their rights 😉 Which would make you as bad or worse……

I see what you’re saying too about the SOGA potentially being available to help someone pull a fast one (buy something that’s not easily available and then claim they can get it cheaper somewhere else hoping that they’ll agree just to keep the sale without checking) but as i said and as later shown by the OP’s clarifications, I don’t think he’s pulling a fast one, he’s just a disorganised bugger with a slight tendency for toy throwing.

boblo
    Free Member

So in summary; bullshitter tries it on and is found out… Oh, righty ho then.

Not sure being ‘new to biking’ excuses someone from being a cretin but there you go.

firestarter
    Free Member

One of the things that gets me is that people think its ok to ask for a price match on something youve already ordered. God knows how many times ive ordered something thing then seen it cheaper before its even arrived . I wouldn’t have dreamed of asking for money off i just put it down to my fault for not looking properly in the first place. You live and learn

ichi
    Free Member

OPs mate didn’t breach any of the ‘unwritten rules of biking dos and dont’s’ he breached the almost universally accepted life rule of how not to be a skanky, wee Ned.

gonzy
    Free Member

So in summary; bullshitter tries it on and is found out…

he’s not a bullshitter…he got his timeline of events wrong and therefore gave me the facts in the wrong order while forgetting to mention some other keys facts. he also gave me the impression that he had asked for a return/refund and had been refused but later said that he mentioned this to me but hadnt mentioned that to UKBS…it was simply the way he said it me that it seemed that was what happened

I don’t think he’s pulling a fast one, he’s just a disorganised bugger

yes this is definitely the case.

Not sure being ‘new to biking’ excuses someone from being a cretin but there you go.

his logic is that stores like asda will offer price match guarantees that if you find it cheaper elsewhere they will refund the difference even after you have bought the item…he believed that this would apply in this case. had he told me he had tried to get the price match done after receiving the forks i would have told him not to bother. just buy them from merlin and send the other ones back to UKBS and ask for a refund.
    this where his lack of experience in buying bike stuff shows…he should have checked all sources beforehand and then if he decided he wanted to buy them from UKBS he should have contacted them and asked for a price match before ordering them…if they couldnt or were unwilling to do so then he goes and buys them from merlin instead and no-one is left looking stupid…he knows this now but all future bike purchases will only be made with my approval.

rickon
    Free Member

Let this thread stand as a lesson to everyone, don’t post anything slanderous on a thread, unless it’s actually about things you personally know are 100% true. Brand Reputation can be damaged through thread such as this, and given there’s a decent bicycle buying community on here, it can have a real impact.

MODS – definitely change the thread title, and then close the thread please.

v666ern
    Free Member

im not sure how he’s got so far in life being able to afford to buy 2 new sets of £300 forks without having some form of basic understanding of how the world works…maybe he just got left a load of money..i certainly couldnt afford to have £600 tied up and be that naive 🙄
    (semitroll)

firestarter
    Free Member

So in summary; bullshitter tries it on and is found out…

he’s not a bullshitter…he got his timeline of events wrong and therefore gave me the facts in the wrong order while forgetting to mention some other keys facts. he also gave me the impression that he had asked for a return/refund and had been refused but later said that he mentioned this to me but hadnt mentioned that to UKBS…it was simply the way he said it me that it seemed that was what happened

That sounds a bit like a bullshitter 😉

boblo
    Free Member

You can rationalise it anyway you a want Gonzy but if I were you, I’d leave it at ‘he’ s been a bit of a tit but knows better now’.

You’re lucky UKBS are being extremely reasonable. You’re aware of libel yes?

gonzy
    Free Member

Let this thread stand as a lesson to everyone, don’t post anything slanderous on a thread, unless it’s actually about things you personally know are 100% true. Brand Reputation can be damaged through thread such as this, and given there’s a decent bicycle buying community on here, it can have a real impact.

for that reason i have stated that UKBS were correct and i have apologised for dragging their name into it.

im not sure how he’s got so far in life being able to afford to buy 2 new sets of £300 forks without having some form of basic understanding of how the world works…maybe he just got left a load of money..i certainly couldnt afford to have £600 tied up and be that naive

normally he’s pretty clued up especially when it comes to financials but he’s always been a bit scatty and disorganised. he’ll admit that he’s no good with remembering days/dates and events and thats what got him muddled up when he told me what happened.
    as for having the money to buy to pairs of forks… he hasnt told his wife how much they cost and now he’s bricking it because she usually opens the mail and will now see two large transactions on the CC statement…those bombers and pitchforks may end up getting used on him more than once!

matt_outandabout

he hasnt told his wife how much they cost

😯

v666ern
    Free Member

normally he’s pretty clued up especially when it comes to financials but he’s always been a bit scatty and disorganised. he’ll admit that he’s no good with remembering days/dates and events and thats what got him muddled up when he told me what happened.
    as for having the money to buy to pairs of forks… he hasnt told his wife how much they cost and now he’s bricking it because she usually opens the mail and will now see two large transactions on the CC statement…those bombers and pitchforks may end up getting used on him more than once!

i can get onboard with the remebering stuff part, he does sound like a bankruptcy/divorce in the making though 🙁

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike Store being funny…’ is closed to new replies.