• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pros on the Chase
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Not sure who it was who passed me this afternoon but he had the full Team GB kit, the sort of suntan that only comes with weeks of intensive training in sunny climes and was very polite

Kind of brings it home how slow one is going when when one gets passed by a proper athlete

I’m guessing it was none of you lot lol

legend
    Free Member

Hope you called him a Pro Kit ****

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I would have been more surprised by them being polite.

jekkyl

I was out on the chase this morning Rockoman. Them corners were more dangerous than normal. I didn’t see any pro atheletes or women selling their wares but I did see lots of older men pushing up Cardiac…… it’s not a footpath!!!

rocketman
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty good this afternoon, almost perfect. Until I got passed that is

Hope you had a good one jekkyl mate

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I opened this thread expecting some sort of scandal related to my favourite TV quiz show.

aracer
    Free Member

Nobody really good, because they were all coaching my kids today (one reigning World Champion, one Commonwealth Gold medallist and one ex World Champ and reigning World Series winner) 8)

jam-bo

I would have been more surprised by them being polite.

In my experience, truly fast riders are generally really friendly and polite.

aracer
    Free Member

jam bo +1 – it’s generally the wannabees who are arses IME – I know a few genuinely fast athletes (some riders, some in other sports, some mentioned above who I don’t know that well but well enough to know their character) and every single one of them is friendly and polite.

Kuco

Last year their was some of the BCF riders a Llandegla. I don’t know who she was but the young lady waited patiently behind us up one of the climbs and said thank you when we let her go past for the downhill section. Impressive watching her hit the jumps on the way down.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pros on the Chase’ is closed to new replies.