Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Progressive Bikes/ Chumba, where are they?
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Had a Chumba HX1 hardtail a few years ago and fancied a peek at what they have, but the importer Progressive seem to have gone. Anybody know who is selling these in the UK or what happened to Si at Progressive?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Anyone?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Don’t think anyone is, not exactly sure Chumba even still exist

Garry_Lager

Think there’s trouble at mill with Chumba – there’s a long thread about them on mtbreview with pitchforks being brandished left and right.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Dont think Simon @ progressive bikes does it anymore

househusband

I don’t think Progressive Bikes are themselves anymore…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Think he was still posting here a couple of months ago as si_wilson.

boxfish
    Free Member

I think Progressive Bikes is a failed experiment.

hora
    Free Member

Ive no problem with Si. Hes SEPERATE from chumba. Someone who imported/distributed.

boxfish
    Free Member

Me neither. I bought a Brodie Holeshot from him. Seemed like a nice chap who was just running PB as a sideline.

tor5
    Free Member

Bought an HX1 last year direct from the US, they have a new owner (who seems to be a decent guy) and seem to be having a rebrand if their Instagram feed is anything to go by.

chumba cycles on instagram

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Shame, si has stopped doing it then, he was really helpful when i bought the frame and seemed to have some really good offers on groupsets. If chumba sort themselves out hope someone like si takes up the reigns.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Hello all, I closed Progressive Bikes down last summer, Chumba basically disappeared over night and left me in the lurch, so it was time to move on.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hi Si. Sorry to hear that, thanks for the update.

Steve

steve_b77
    Free Member

That’s a bit rubbish. You were great to deal with when I got my HX2

TomB

That’s a shame Si, my Chumba VF2 is still going strong a few years on. Cheers!

the_lecht_rocks

yep – my vf2 was absolutely brilliant !

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Chumba was bought by Alan Kang (well his rich daddy did). He basically killed the brand. Got so bad that MTBR even removed them from the forums.

Looks like they are back and with a different logo. Hopefully Alan has gone – he was a monumental tool.

metalheart
    Free Member

Chumba was bought by Alan Kang (well his rich daddy did). He basically killed the brand. Got so bad that MTBR even removed them from the forums.

God, that forum was a car crash…. ugly. But fascinating to watch.

Ultimately I wasn’t a fan of chumba (having had a vf2 for a bit) but I was well treated by Si.

tor5
    Free Member

The new owner is Aaron Foreman, seems a decent guy, trying to repair the image by the looks of it. Hence the new logo. Service is good now. I broke the mech hanger on my hx1 back in January, mailed him direct that night and had a replacement on the bike within a week.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good to hear.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Progressive Bikes/ Chumba, where are they?’ is closed to new replies.