Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • show me youre 1×11 setup with weights
  • chrisb57
    Free Member
    chrisb57
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The missus bike
    Tallboy Alloy
    25.65lbs / 11.71kg out the box

Changes to date Reverb in and about 3cm of carbon bar out and going between Ikons and Ardent Races. Accompanied by some CB Candy 11’s

chrisb57
    Free Member

Very nice indeed , my Remedy 9.9 came with the alloy remedy 9 build kit .ive put a reverb stealth on , carbon haven bars , for the summer I’ll be using these stans no tubes crest wheelset at 1440g tubeless with bonty xr3 and xr2 tyres also a SDG Falcon Ti saddle.And just fitted a X01 groupset with the xx1 cassette. All in without pedals 24.9lbs/11.29kg 🙂

chrisb57
    Free Member

Thats a vry light bike from stock 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not disbelieving you but I’d like to see it on the scales at that!
    I prefer my trail bikes with a little more beef to them than that too!

chrisb57
    Free Member

That’s fine I will get myself on the scales again and show with and without weights post back in a few days as im at work.

chrisb57
    Free Member

For a little more beef I will be swapping the wheelset out , for some hope pr 2 evos with arch ex for allday use .

stewartc
    Free Member

Have posted pics in the ‘show me your Enduro etc’ thread but just picked up a medium Pivot Mach6 that comes in at 12.2kg, sorry, on my iPhone so too much hassle to link pics.

chrisb57
    Free Member

Hi this is my first pic post on here too . I went to imgur.com uploaded photo no need to register, then copied and pasted hope this helps.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Krampus + Tallboy – the tallboy has been through 1x xx1 drivetrain already due to low maintenance

chrisb57
    Free Member

Very nice 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

did this in 1500ish miles, same chain, no maintenance, apart from chainlube, cassette also finished in some gears,

crankrider
    Free Member

dirtyrider – do you think this has worn too early or are you OK with this after 1500 miles?

Just wondering, 1500 miles is a fair amount off-road if conditions are mucky, the equivalent to an entire years riding once a weekend at 30 miles a pop.

Reason I ask is my works components one probably has 800 miles or so on it now and still looks to have lots of life left in it, I have popped a new chain on once though – a stretched chain cant help.

Did the chain still stay on btw?!

chrisb57
    Free Member

Wow im no expert ive only just put the X01 groupset on my Remedy. But I do ride in an area were its like grinding paste in the wet, so judicious cleaning is required post ride on the drivetrain.ive never seen that amount of wear on a drivetrain to be honest.good job you can buy the jockey wheels seperate .

dirtyrider
    Free Member

chain never dropped, i was fine with the wear vs mileage considering the lack of maintenance

frogstomp

My Horsethief comes in at 29 lbs with 34s and Flows:

Have done about 800 miles on the drivetrain with no significant signs of wear but I do endeavour to keep it very clean (motivated by the cost of a cassette!).

chrisb57
    Free Member

Im liking it 🙂

luke1688

Slightly OT but dirty rider are those 140mm 34s on your tallboy? I was wondering if I’d get away with fitting 140mm pikes to mine

njee20
    Free Member

19.2lbs:

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Worth changing the chain regularly? Assume chain checkers work the same? Next bike coming soon will 1 x 11

njee20
    Free Member

If only to increase the lifespan of the cassette I’d say so.

superfli
    Free Member

njee, you could get that down to 19lb easy and it wouldnt cost a penny.

Cut your steerer 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Ha! May change the fork, so not gonna cut it quite yet, head tube isn’t particularly long!

superfli
    Free Member

No, I dont blame you, it does look short!

chrisb57
    Free Member

Im liking the Stache lots 🙂

stewartc
    Free Member

12.28kg with pedals, I imagine that if I had spent a little more on carbon rims it could come down more but its probably cheaper, and better, to save weight by going on a diet.

messiah
    Free Member

No longer mine but it was 29lbs

Not mine but it was 29lbs

My XX1 groupset is awaiting it’s new home…

Yetiman
    Free Member

Not quite 1×11…..XX1 cranks with a General Lee adapter. It was just over 30lbs with a Fox 34 fork and XT cranks, so should be 29lb something with Pikes and XX1 cranks.

chrisb57
    Free Member

All very nice indeed 🙂

chrisb57
    Free Member

chrisb57
    Free Member

That was for my original post of my remedy 9.9 no pedals

downhilldave

Here’s mine, gone down the three chain route 😉 , we shall see if it works. 12.7Kg ish. Not been on the scales but standard is 12.6Kg. Less tubeless, plus pedals 304g,plus Rockguard mudguard,less lighter seat.So 27.5 pounds ish, with dropper post, proper tyres and 160 front 150 rear.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but what spokes and lengths did you use on those wheels Njee20?
    American Classic on light bicycle beadless rims?
    Thinking of building some wheels with the same parts!
    What weight are they coming in at?
    Thanx,
    Max

bomberman
    Free Member

Yetiman, is that the Peak district?

RickDraper
    Free Member

27.8lbs:

generallevi
    Free Member

29lbs

Rik
    Free Member

Think someone (well most people on this thread) have got their imaginary magical weighing scales out again.

There is no way that the two bikes above are only 1lb and bit different! The Santa Cruz even has sub 500g cranks on.

dan45a
    Free Member

28.41lbs measured on digital scales. This is Fitted with sdg ti fly saddle and renthal carbon bars since photo.

Agree with above post some of the weights listed are a bit optimistic, but hey as long as it rides light 😉

Enduro cwmcarn by dan45a, on Flickr

chrisb57
    Free Member

My Remedy 9.9 is a full carbon frame fitted with easton carbon haven bar , sdg falcon ti saddle , xo1 groupset apart from the cassette wich is xx1.the wheels on her are stans hubs with crest rims with are laced with DT revolution spokes 1440g a pair .ive gone tubeless using bonty xr3 and xr2 tyres these are both sub 600g tyres. So my weight of 24.11 lbs is factual withought pedals 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘show me youre 1×11 setup with weights’ is closed to new replies.