Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Problems after midge bites.
  • Bunnyhop

Spring has arrived and so have the midges.
    Has anybody else had problems where the bitten area swells up, goes red and starts to give off heat? I have 9 and it’s getting a bit sore.

The Doc. said use piriton tablets, not antisan.

Nora Batty lend me your tights.

MrNutt
    Free Member

use piraton & citrazine also you could try antihistamine cream if its really bad see your GP

I was bitten by something last year o a ride, the doc thought it was a snake(!?!) my leg went black and I was o the strongest antibiotics I’ve ever endured, had a nasty case of malaise at a music festival I’d been looking forward to all year, it was a shitter!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I used piriteze last year and that did a better job as anything else I’ve tried. I would hazard a guess that piriton is more or less the same thing?

barca
    Free Member

I’ve just had a work with Nicky for you J. She says it’s all over, might as well give up now. I’ll come and get the Santa Cruz for her, she’ll take care of it 🙂

What she really said is, it’s hot because of infection, itching is good (although you won’t think so), take piriton as advised and they should be all crusty within a week. Don’t scratch them was also mentioned and try not to squeeze them when they get yellow heads. Squeezers are mingers.

Bunnyhop

Thanks barca.
    The doc. said it was an allergic reaction amd not infection. I think Nicky’s correct. Got them at the bottom of the ‘banks, Mellor cross’ Sunday late afternoon. Must remember to spray next time.
    Yes the Juliana has had little use lately.

crikey
    Free Member

Get some H45 cream; it’s a very weak steroid cream for occasional use and will damp down the inflammation and itching.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Very very unlikely to have 9 infected bites. sounds like allergy reaction to me

Don’t use steroid cream IMO – antihistamine cream and tablets. Get one of those bite zapper things. Use DEET to stop ’em biting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Problems after midge bites.’ is closed to new replies.