Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Problem with new Ritchey WCS 260 stem.
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Am probably missing the bleeding obvious here, but struggling to fit my new WCS 260 stem. Am I right in saying you have to slide the bars into place – so therefore no good with a set of high rise bars?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

You can get road bars in there, so can’t see why high-rise bars wouldn’t fit.
    They might need to twist them through the bend.

monkeyboyjc

I think that there is a max rise of bar that’ll fit of 1″ but it does depend on the design of the bar – with road bars you just slide as per a set of flat bars.
    Oh and if you do get them on watch out for the tiny bolts and use a torque key as they are very easy to round off.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I got my PZ racing CR 2.3 wibbly bend road bars in there ok. It was a case of feeding them through, but they went.

squealer
    Free Member

Yeah I had the same issue with mine and I’m only using 10mm rise bars! Took ages to get them through and the bars ended up scuffed.

It all depends on the length of the bend on the bars.

TiRed

Had to feed my aero stream carbon road bars in upside down and wiggle – still scratched them. I can easily imagine that some profile/curves will not fit.

But they look soooooo good 😉

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Can’t fathom it – tried for age’s last night, to the extent the damn thing was almost hurled through the window. Thought I’d try one more time this morning, went on first time no problem, didn’t even mark the bars 🙄

Thanks for the replies though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Problem with new Ritchey WCS 260 stem.’ is closed to new replies.