Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 206 total)
  • Preston
  • binners

I don’t know what JY is trying to say. I suppose its safe to say that I won’t be triathlon training 😀

Ecky-Thump – that sounds good to me

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Are we going to tempt you out next Wed then mol?

molgrips
    Free Member

Erm.. well.. I could be tempted to bring an MTB next week, if I can get all my crap in a rucksack instead of my panniers….. which should be feasible. I’ll give it a go.

Won’t have a car though so we either need to start from Preston or someone needs to give me a lift.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

OK, I’ll take that as a “yes” then.

For Binners and anyone else:
    7pm meet on the road that joins the lower and upper barns.
    <3 hour ride with route choice appropriate to weather on the day.

For Molgrips:
    I can offer a lift from Preston if you’re car-less? email in profile.

yoshimi

I’ll be mainly hanging around one of the aforementioned kebab houses after a night of the mad ferrit/adephi/roper hall on saturday – grimy northern town maybe, but still much fun to be had:)

molgrips
    Free Member

Cheers Ecky. Will need a lift, will email you nearer the time.

binners

Sounds bang on that Ecky. There will be 2 or 3 of us from Rammy side

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Just a timely “bump”

Anyone else fancy joining us for a Rivi outing on Wed evening?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Will see if i can change plans but probably riding Tuesday instead

May come out Weds as well what time start etc.

binners

Weather forecast looks great! 😀 Actually, the Met Office is saying gap in the rain from 14.00 – 22.00. So we might get away with it!

Anyone know how the San Marino’s looking. It as cut up to **** about 6 weeks ago. Should be…ahem… ‘interesting’ after the last few weeks liquid sunshine

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

7pm start, meet on the road that connects the two barns.

My car’s a grey Mondeo estate and the bike will be either blue Rockhopper or black Five.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cleaning bike and fitting a new front mech tonight. Wish me luck.

Oh, are there going to be lots of steep rocky bits btw?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Binners, San Marino was riding fine a week or so back (after the deluge)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Molgrips only one rocky bit of any note and you should be able to middle ring it all or SS if you want

molgrips
    Free Member

Right I’ll bring my 5 then 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Molly, We’ll find you as steep and rocky as we can but tbh there’s nothing steep anywhere on Rivi.

Probably do a route something like… up the Pike; down Wilderswood; Up Wilders Moor; down Burnt Edge; up Smithhills Moor; San Marino (down and back up); Two Lads; Dog Kennels; ICR or Gardens.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not with Binners there you wont 😉

binners

Please don’t make me ride up the San Marino 🙁

Edit: This my become a two-tier group fairly quickly. EEK!!!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

wuss!

edit – plenty of options to modify route according to group

binners

Its a fair point, well put 😀

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Can’t see this being a fast paced ride, so we might not get all that lot in anyway.
    My Five’s now been “Mega-ised” and has got a bit lardy as a consequence (36lbs!!), which is why I might yet leave it at home in favour of the hardtail.

grum
    Free Member

I’m going to pretend I might come then flake out at the merest hint of bad weather or feeling a bit tired, like I do for every STW meetup. That ok with everyone?

(Though if I were to come I would be joining binners in the ‘glacial’ speed category.)

molgrips
    Free Member

Molly, We’ll find you as steep and rocky as we can but tbh there’s nothing steep anywhere on Rivi.

Just want to know if I should bring my XC-ish 5 or my Patriot. Which seems to weigh a lot less than your 5! Wtf have you got on it?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Bring the 5. Patriot is overkill.

Maybe it’s just that I’ve got cheap nasty scales then, but it’s definately at least 10lbs heavier than the hardtail.
    2.5 Dual Plys, coil fork and Reverb, all add up… and all totally unnecessary for a Rivi ride!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

SS rigid wil ride everything so no need for a big bike. I rarely use my FS there tbh

Cougar

Just so we’re clear,

Are you meeting on the road up to Rivi Barn, with the parking bays all the way up? Would it not make more sense to meet up at a specific point, say the roundabouty bit further up where the (motor)bikers hang out?

Thinking of tagging along, team Binners’ Mincers.

binners

We’ll all be easy enough to spot. We’ll be the only ones not in a Vauxhall Corsa, sporting a baseball cap at a jaunty angle, playing happy hardcore above the threshold of pain

‘Binners’ Mincers? Hmmmmmm. I feel a t shirt design coming on 😀

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cougar,
    Yes, it’s the road with the parking bays on the left.
    For the avoidance of any doubt here’s a very specific point for you

Cougar

Ah right, got you now. I’d completely overlooked that adjoining road till now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its the same road just a specific point on it
    I have a prior arrangement i forgot about but I will try and get out of it to be there..i know this means a lot to you all

Binners mincers
    Beer and fags and chips and gravy tour?
    you can choose the font 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you definitely coming, Cougar?

Cougar

I’m thinking about it. (-:

I wouldn’t go as far as to say ‘definitely’, it depends whether I can get out of work at a sensible hour, whether I can overcome a debilitating fear of people I don’t know, what the weather’s doing, and whether I can come up with any other tangible excuses between now and then. But yeah, all things being equal I don’t see why not, sounds like a giggle.

I’m not particularly fit or blessed with l33t skilz, so if you’re all rad to the power of sick then there’s little point in me coming other than to say hello. But if there’s other bimblers then it should be cool. If all else fails, I went walking up there at the weekend so will at least have a vague idea of where the hell I am.

molgrips
    Free Member

so if you’re all rad to the power of sick

Well, I don’t know the fellow but Binners’ legendary lack of ability precedes him.

Anyway, you need to come, I’ve got that laptop needs fixing. I’ll bring it along.

grum
    Free Member

Weather is currently looking favourable so i might just make the effort for this.

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Bolton/

Binners mincers
    Beer and fags and chips and gravy tour?
    you can choose the font

Comic sans obviously.

Oh yeah, and my bike is massively overkill for Rivington but my only other bike is a road bike.

Cougar

Anyway, you need to come, I’ve got that laptop needs fixing. I’ll bring it along.

*snort* that’s probably going to be my epitaph. “Oh, you work with computers? Only, mine’s really slow…”

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Binners mincers

[STW mode] and where exactly has the apostrophe gone? 🙄 [/STW mode]

Cougar

I refer the honourable gentleman to my post at the top of this very page.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cougar, you’re in the clear. The evidence suggests that it woz Junkyard wot dunnit.

Cougar

He’s been in the bedroom with candlesticks again, hasn’t he.

binners

Well I was going to take the hardtail, but the last time I rode it down the San Marino I blew not one, not two, but three rear tubes with my precise line choices and aerial finesse. Riding as I do with the grace and elegance of a three legged giraffe

Bouncy bike it is then?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘Preston’ is closed to new replies.