Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Prescription riding glasses for kids
  • dirkpitt74

Any recommendations for kids prescription riding glasses?

12yo Daughter is starting to struggle not wearing her glasses when riding lately.

Thanks

dirkpitt74

Bump – any ideas?

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Her normal glasses?

theycallmejerry

Do you want something for her with clear lenses or tinted? Does she want an MTB/sports style frame or will anything that fits well and is robust do the trick? Do you want it the specs to be cheap or good?!

I run an independent practice and can think of a bunch of things that are available that might be suitable. If I can, then I’m sure your usual Optician would be able to sort something.

IHN

After a recommendation on here, I ordered prescription sunnies for riding in from https://www.goggles4u.co.uk/uk/ and am really pleased with what I got.

Varifocal, tinted (medium brown tint, perfect for riding in), delivered in just under a week – £36 delivered. There’s always a ‘discount’ code advertised on the homepage, make sure you apply it in the basket.

I’ll be getting a clear pair for winter/night riding in the next month or so.

Do you want it the specs to be cheap or good?!

Honestly, these are both. And I fully understand that an independent optician could never meet that price, and I’d always use an indie for my ‘proper’ glasses (which were nearly twenty times the price of these ones…). For riding in though, there’s just no way I’m going to spend that kind of money, or anything like it.

kerley
    Free Member

I just bought some Oakley Holbrook with transition lenses (as I ride a lot in winter and it is not often sunny!) for £110.

Haven’t arrived yet but will be great to actually see where I am going after 50 years as I don’t wear my glasses when cycling.

jkomo

Just normal frames/ lenses from an optician that will measure and fit them.

robola

12 years old is just about old enough to be thinking about contact lenses.

As a wearer of both contacts and glasses I far prefer contact lenses.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.