Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Prescription Oakley's
  • coynie09
    Free Member

Just a quick question as anyone ever had prescription lenses put in to some Oakley fives 2.0

dhrider
    Free Member

Oakley can put prescription lens into most of their frames BUT it depends on the prescription due to the way which the lens are manufactured.

Best just speaking to an optician to see if your prescription can be put into those frames.

Northwind

The oakley lenses are expensive, too.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

The oakley lenses are expensive

…but blooming good, hard wearing and worth the money

HindlePie
    Free Member

Aye, I got mine though vision express for a set of Racing Jacket + lenses. You’ll need to enquire as some frames are very limited depending on your prescription. Expensive – yes, but well worth it.

thehustler
    Free Member

Just had a quick google, they should be quite easy for a decent opticians to glaze, below is a pic of a cheap decathlon frame I glazed for my son (who has a very complex prescription)of a similar style

These have a +2.50sph/ -5.50cyl in

damitamit
    Free Member

I’ve had Oakley Prescription Split Jackets with Transition lenses for the last 4 years. They’ve been fantastic and still going strong.

I’ve also had transition lenses from Optilabs in a set of Five Squared for a couple years. They’re good too but not as good as Oakley lenses.

Got my split jackets mail order from Andrew Care Opticians. Good prices and good service.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Got some oakley prescription split jackets from rxsport.

Great service and they were the photochromic lenses

geoffj

Just had a quick google, they should be quite easy for a decent opticians to glaze,

Oakley don’t let opticians glaze some of their frames – they have to be done by them.

thehustler
    Free Member

Oakley don’t let opticians glaze some of their frames – they have to be done by them.

That would be with oakley lenses, other equally as good lenses are availabe…….

eshershore
    Free Member

Was in my local optician yesterday getting eye test and updated lenses for my Oakley prescription glasses (non riding)

The optician is a leading UK independent and have on-site lens manufacturing capabilities

Showed my Oakley gas cans (non prescription) to the optician, he said they could not do such a three-dimensional lens on site but send it to Ireland where Oakley have a lens manufacturing facility

geoffj

That would be with oakley lenses, other equally as good lenses are availabe…….

I’m sure there are…….

thehustler
    Free Member

I KNOW there are when you put an Oakley lens next to a Maui Jim for example you can see just how second rate it is (I have 4 pairs of Oakley and 2 maui so can easily compare)

eshershore
    Free Member

Oakley are not cheap, but worth the money. I’ve been selling and using Oakley since the early 90’s, and have owned a number of other brands

for optical quality, I cannot think of another brand that comes close, especially on the more three-dimensional glasses like the Radarlock

thehustler
    Free Member

Then you need to try a maui Sport frame, the optics are in a different league to oakley, most people would also put Serengetti far above oakley too but they dont really do much down the sport line.

Its basic phyics really the coating technology of both the above is far superior to oakleys, they will both also use other lens materials than polycarb which has crap optical properties

Suggsey
    Free Member

I had two sets of prescription vented lenses and one racing jacket frame for them to go in via Vision Express. I too think that they are superb quality and way more comfortable than my previous optilabs glasses but eye wateringly expensive. A set of spare prescription lenses was £250 for transitions.

dudeofdoom

I’ve got some straight’s with a transition mental things as the lenses curve around giving great peripheral vision that I’d never had from other glasses.

I’d go with a mirror finish if I was doing again as they do make you look a tad goggly when clear 🙂

chrisellis211
    Free Member

I work for an optician, we send oakley frames to the lens lab in Ireland they have. Most of there frames have a range of -4.00 to a maximum of +2.00. However this takes in to account the cyl as well. So for example if you have a SPH of -3.50 and a -2.00 cyl that would be added to together making it -5.50 which oakley are unable to do. Hope that makes sense…. any questions please free to ask and i’ll try and help

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Prescription Oakley's’ is closed to new replies.