• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pregnancy flying/driving??? help please
  • danandem
    Free Member

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any experience/advise on holiday travel whilst in the 3rd trimester?
    My hubby wants to go to France end of May/start of June when i’ll be around 29 weeks preggo (he also wants to camp but ive nearly squished that idea!) I was wondering if it would be safer and more comfortable to drive over rather than fly as im a nervous flyer or if I just need to man-up?? any advise anyone? (ive also read that if you’re an ‘excitable’ flyer already then the change in cabin pressure can bring on labour – is this true??)

FB-ATB

Hi we drove to Morzine for a 2 week holiday when my wife was c27 weeks pregnant. Didn’t consider flying as bikes were in tow. We just had extra stops on the journeys compared to previous trips. I think after a certain date you need a Drs note to say everything’s ok to fly and then closer to the due date some airlines don’t allow you to fly.

mrsflash
    Free Member

You are fine to fly till about 34 weeks, depending on airline I think (later with a drs note). I flew with a work colleague who was about at the limit of that and she found take off and landing uncomfortable but was fine really. Driving will just take longer as you’ll need a million wee stops 😆

danandem
    Free Member

Haa haa – I hadn’t factored in the wee stops – we’ve got a 3 year old too so combined we might give my hubby some kind of a mental breakdown if we drive! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

We drove back from Munich with my wife about 10 days from the birth date, three other adults and a toddler in the car. That was fun 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

I think you should have thought about this before you succumbed to his manly charms. It’s one thing to get out of doing the washing up, but it’ll come back to get you eventually….

😉

DrP

There’s the comfort factor, hitch is personal.
    But also the ‘aviation law’ to consider. At 29wks, even if it’s multiple babies, as long as pregnancy is uncomplicated there’s no restrictions….

DrP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pregnancy flying/driving??? help please’ is closed to new replies.