Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Post mount frame to flat mount disc adaptor now exists…
  • Joe

Has anyone tried the above adaptor? Looks to be what i’ve been looking for and will allow me to run the brakes I want on my road frame!

piccy

peteimpreza

Got a link to the place where it can be bought?

scruff
    Free Member

Thats quite ‘special’.

aP
    Free Member

I saw that a couple of months ago, seems ok.

Flat Mount Caliper to Post Mount Frame Photos

Joe

What is “special” about it?

cookeaa

Looks like someone got busy with a brakepress there, neat solution…

https://www.assolutions.ca/product-category/adapters/

$40 CAD is about £22 plus shipping and tax… wonder if they need a UK importer?

ampthill

Waiting for the cheap copies in eBay. I’m glad flat mounts can be retro fitted

rockhopperbike

Ace,
    Been pulling my hair out looking for them!

oreetmon
    Free Member

Thought I would revive thread and give a heads up.

It doesn’t seem that assolutions are posting to UK atm due to Pandemic.

After a bit of reseach/luck I found the good folks at spokeydokeybikes in Yorkshire have a batch of FM to PM adapters in.

PSA, Merlin have a good deal on GRX groupset 35% off as of today.

chris2dhs
    Free Member

UK and European Importer – Spokey Dokey Bikes in Yorkshire.

scotroutes

Thanks Chris – will they be on your website?

aP
    Free Member

Is Spokey Dokey a bike shop? I can’t tell from the website. Where are the adapters available from?

wingnuts

Did anyone track one of these down?

kimbers

Theres another brake mount standard?

Why!!!???

burko73

Wake up at the back!

oreetmon
    Free Member

Yes, 12mnths ago and it’s been fine.

https://www.spokeydokeybikes.co.uk/

Might not fit all frames but they give a schematic-drawing thingy so as you can check sizes.

Sandwich

Warning if you use one for the front, minimum disc size is 180mm. Fine is you’re running something that’s a bit lardy but could be a problem if the fork engineering is not up to the job. (Shimano’s recommendation is max 160mm disc for its road brakes).

The only downer is that the calliper securing screws are plated steel and rust as soon as they sniff water. Budget for some better machine screws.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Does anyone do an IS to FM adaptor?

nedrapier

Thanks onzadog! I was starting to make plans around these, and you’ve just reminded me that they aren’t the adapters I’m looking for.

thols2

Warning if you use one for the front, minimum disc size is 180mm. Fine is you’re running something that’s a bit lardy but could be a problem if the fork engineering is not up to the job.

I’ve never really understood this. Surely, if your brake is powerful enough to lock the wheel or throw you over the bars, the stress on the fork will be the same regardless of the rotor size. The caliper will have more leverage on the brake mounts, but it will also have exactly the same extra leverage on the rotor. Those two will cancel each other out if you are braking at the same level of deceleration.

Sven

I bought one of those adapters from Spokey Dokey bikes in August last year, they were great to deal with, and I am using it with a 160mm rotor on the fork.

monkeyboyjc

they aren’t the adapters I’m looking for.

Could you go IS<postmount<flatmount? In a double adapter way?

nedrapier
    nedrapier

I’ve messaged Spokey Dokey to see if they stock the IS adapter.

Sandwich

Those two will cancel each other out if you are braking at the same level of deceleration.

I couldn’t find an answer when I discovered the Shimano warning. Could be increased heat on the pads and calliper causes a problem. I’ve not died yet with my 180mm rule breaking (touches wood just to be certain).

thols2

Could be increased heat on the pads and calliper causes a problem

Bigger disks should cause less heat stress.

My guess is that they don’t want people to do big DH runs on lightweight XC forks, but I’ve always ignored the max disc size and run 200 mm front discs on all my bikes. Only problem is commuting on icy roads.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Post mount frame to flat mount disc adaptor now exists…’ is closed to new replies.