Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Possibly stoopid question… Post mount disc brake fitting
  • psychle
    Free Member

Do I just bolt the caliper straight on to the mount? I don't need an adaptor or something? Also, should I run the hose on the outside of the fork leg, or inside?

cheers 🙂

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Caliper bolts straight to the fork, unless you're running a bigger rotor than standard, then you might need an adaptor.
    Inside/outside-depends which gives the neater routing, I usually go inside to give the hose a touch more protection from being caught on brambles etc.

DezB
    Free Member

Depends on the calliper. If it lines up ok, you don't need spacers.
    Outside.

Goz
    Free Member

Allways inside the fork, keeps it protected.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I always go outside and cut it down so it doesn't stick out. Keeps it away from the stanchions and the wheel

cynic-al
    Free Member

Also, should I run the hose on the outside of the fork leg, or inside?

post mount – inside.

IS – outside.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Al, did you just make that rule up?
    I've pm on one bike and IS on the other, run both up the inside of the legs without issue.
    TBH as long as the hose is kept tidy and zip tied / clamped it shouldn't make any difference.

DezB
    Free Member

Funny, I've always done it outside like so

I thought to avoid tyre and stanchion contact, but have checked a few web pics and most are on the inside.
    One thing that has never happened is the hose getting snagged on anything though, so I guess its not important.

psychle
    Free Member

cool, thanks chaps. I've run it on the inside for now, and reduce the rotor size down to 160mm so I can just bolt the caliper straight on. Looks a bit weird with 180mm on the back though, shall have to sort that out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Possibly stoopid question… Post mount disc brake fitting’ is closed to new replies.