Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Poached eggs…………al last.
  • ton

i am doing king prawn and chorizo rissotto tonight…….. 8)

top nomage….

Harry_the_Spider

Cheese and onion pie (home made)
    Roast potatoes with rosemary (no garlic)
    Roast parsnips
    Mushy peas (Bachelor's – original)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The curry I was on about on another thread.

Stoner
    Free Member

proper spuds:

par boil
    drain
    dust with a little flour and rumble around the pan with the lid on
    roll in baking tray with hot goose fat

Drac

Olive oil for roasties?

Mark can we ban him please.

ton

got to look after my figure….. 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Veggie. No geese were harmed in the production of my potatoes.

Drac

You can't do that Ton you'd need to change your name.

bruneep

tried the cling film method this am, egg stuck the the cling film.

I'll stick to the trad method

Harry_the_Spider

I tried the boil in the shell method. No better than my method.

jabbathehut
    Free Member

ton – Member

i am doing king prawn and chorizo rissotto tonight……..

top nomage….

like the sound of that ton. What recipe do u use if u dont mind 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I tried the clingfilm thing as well. I must've used porous clingfilm cos I ended up with with a little bag of egg & water. Right faff on, so back to the little placky pots that do em in a minute in the m/wave.

sharkbait
    Free Member

tried the cling film method this am, egg stuck the the cling film.

If you use cheap clingfilm that doesn't stick to bowls etc very well the egg will fall out nice a clean, but if you use nice grippy clingfilm the egg can stick a bit unless you oil the inside a llittle before you drop the egg in.

For the best looking poached egg the clingfilm method rocks but otherwise the silicon egg poachers from Lakeland do the tick most of the time.

ton

i used my method again today, and it is foolproof……. 😉

spooky_b329

It works! I even dropped one egg in a bit fast but it sorted itself out and was better than the gently gently approach. I've tried all the above methods and never had much success. Keep my eggs in the fridge so left them in for more like 40 seconds.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I use a little pan wait till the water is hot but not boiling crack an egg or two in and when they float they are done. I don't let the water boil.

Works every time.

J

MrNutt
    Free Member

hot water, vinegar, room temp eggs, crack egg into a ramekin then gently tip it into the pan. done.

potatoes: as per stoner but sans flour, actually if you use veg oil you gat some tremendous glassy potatos too, oh and leave them quite large as their weight helps crisp up the underneath

mos

My preferred method is:-
    when g/f asks what i would like for my breakfast/dinner/tea, i say "poached eggs on toast with well done bacon please", then after making a cup of tea & watching telly for 5 mins they arrive in front of me.
    Job done.

sharkbait
    Free Member

i used my method again today, and it is foolproof…….

Will give that a try Ton, but what if you're doing a batch of eggs (I usually have to do 5 at breakfast time)? I understand cracking the egg into the middle of the swirling water but what if you're doing a load of eggs – does it still work (all the eggs in the middle of the pan at the same time) or do you do it one at a time?

pjt201
    Free Member

just a note, so that everyone is clear. If you are putting your eggs in any kind of container so that they don't come into contact with the water (those "poaching" pans for example) then what you have is a coddled egg, not a poached egg.

llama

If you are putting your eggs in any kind of container so that they don't come into contact with the water (those "poaching" pans for example) then what you have is a coddled egg, not a poached egg.

+1

you don't get the same texture either

llama

oh yes and no vineagar but really really fresh eggs (usually rules out the super market)

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Poached eggs…………al last.’ is closed to new replies.