Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Please go away…
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I have a sudden urge to buy a new hardtail to replace my Kona Explosif (that is still working fine I might add). I'd love a Dialled Alpine or a Ragley Blue Pig, but can't really afford it at the moment 😥

How do I make these feelings go away?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Stop looking at websites and magazines for a bit, if you possibly can. 🙂

wwaswas

it's too late – you've had the thought.

It's just a matter of time now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This might help

Chase
    Free Member

Once you've started looking, you've already bought it.

Sorry.

glenp
    Free Member

Where you're going wrong there is "to replace", I think you mean "as well as".

You ain't get rid of a cherished bike, and you certainly shouldn't get rid of an Explosif. Unless it isn't steel.

simon1975

Take a look at my Unit 🙂

ddmonkey

Try this. Go for a great ride on your Kona, remind yourself of all the things you like about it and perhaps think of a nice new shiny bit you could get to make it even nicer. Give it a good clean and fettle and leave it clean and improved in your shed / garage. Convince yourself that you shouldn't sell it because its great.

Then buy a new frame anyway and wonder how you will get all the new bits to build it up and where you will keep it since you couldn't possible bear to part with the old one.

Works a treat for me!

alpin
    Free Member

is that yours Captian?

nice.

james
    Free Member

I find I have to find something wrong with it (either actually or just whether it may be lesser in some regard) before I can stop thinking about buying it

The problem is then I'd be looking at something more in the middle, like a Prince Albert ..

mikey74
    Free Member

Hahahaha thanks for all the encouragement folks.

It's not really the frame thats the costly part, it's the new forks as I have 80mm Rebas on my Kona so I'd need some new forks to go on it too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nope, not mine, just a nice sample of the breed!

Friend of mine is looking at getting one at the moment. I like the look of them a lot.

DezB
    Free Member

It's so easy though. Click "Buy", type in your address, a few numbers and "Order complete".
    Where's the problem?

RustySpanner

Trekster

I have the new hardtail, Pig
    I would now like a new fs, Lappiere(saw 2 yesterday)but have no money to spare so the decision is easy
    Have stopped visiting bike shops other tahn my lbs for stuff I really need.

Karinofnine

Now, remember, a bike is for life, not just for Christmas, so you can't sell the Kona. It's a classic, and should be kept.

Have both! You know it makes sense. Did you see the thread the other day about how many bikes you should own? The number is n+1. Seemples

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

try these;

you're a long time dead!

live for today!

you only live once!

you die if you worry, you die if you don't!

are you getting the picture?

wwaswas

"are you getting the picture?"

he ought to get some art and a bicycle?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Anyone who is really serious about "living for today" and who does not have a trust fund probably doesn't have enough money to buy redundant frames on whim. Pointless buying of consumer goods is usually something done by people who are working today in the hope of living tomorrow. If we stopped needing new things we would have much more time. I think this is an argument against buying the frame, but maybe not. 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

If I bought the new frame I would have no intention of keeping the Kona as I have no room to store that, my Banshee FS (that I'm certainly not selling) and my Trek Roadie (not going anywhere also).

Shandy
    Free Member

Mikey, if you don't mind me asking, what Banshee do you have and how do you find it?

I know for a fact that I am going to replace my 456 with Rev coils in the next month or two, despite the fact that there isn't really anything wrong with it. I just want a change and a set of bolt-through forks.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have the Rune and I love it: I used it in Whistler last year for both xc and the bike park and it was amazing.

It climbs better than the lighter, more xc Titus it replaced and descends like a dh bike.

The other thing is that I don't use my Kona much and if I had something more suited to the riding I like to do (loosely labelled AM) then I would ride a hardtail more often.

Shandy
    Free Member

I am looking at the Spitfire which is pretty similar to the Rune, light enough to pedal properly but fun for the descents. I have been using the 456 for everything from XC loops to trip to Scotland and the Dales. I will admit that there is a big overlap between a 4-5 inch full-sus and the 456, but I know both will get used.

ianpinder
    Free Member

mikey74 thats my alpine flashheart posted. its nice bike, was slightly to small so sold it and got a prince albert instead

mikey74
    Free Member

Nice looking bike Ian

soobalias
    Free Member

spending money on something that you dont need will make you feel better.

its like giving to charity

heihei

Regret ever selling my Explosif (1992 vintage). Would be interested in buying if it's a Tange Prestige frame……

mikey74
    Free Member

No, sorry, it's a 2006 model.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Please go away…’ is closed to new replies.