Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Playstation 5: Looks alright..
  • stevied
    Free Member

Watched a bit of the launch thing last night and, from the games on show, looks like a powerful bit of kit.
    Graphics look fantastic and I might be tempted back to Gran Tourismo.
    I quite like the looks of it too, my wife doesn’t..so will probably end up finding a less-visible spot when I get one.
    Thoughts?
    ps5

cb

Assume that can go flat as well? Any idea on pricing? Guess it will be 500+?

tomhoward

Just hoping it will be backwards compatible with existing HW, like PSVR or steering wheels etc, else getting GT7 is going to be crazy expensive…

Assume that can go flat as well? Any idea on pricing? Guess it will be 500+?

No, amazon had a placeholder at 599, but rumours of anywhere between that and £400 are doing the rounds

PiknMix
    Free Member

As previous threads I’m an Xbox fanboi, however a lot of my friends are on PS so I was half considering moving over. It’s white, very very white which would stick out like a sore thumb where i’d need to have it.

Thankfully that rules it out for me.

Drac

I watched the full reveal it’s looking seriously impressive.

bentandbroken

Just hoping it will be backwards compatible with existing HW, like PSVR

If you have the latest generation of the PSVR kit then yes. Older/original versions may not be. I made a point of checking this when I bought the PSVR headset about 9 months ago.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Looks alright..

I bet it’s given Wall-E a semi….

molgrips
    Free Member

Just watched this, looks great. But I don’t really fancy any of those games 🙂

I’ll probably end up waiting before investing, as I usually do. Deliberately putting myself three or four years behind everyone else makes life much cheaper as even if the console’s not much cheaper the games are.

Unless they release ED in VR then I will have to get it.

akira

The problem is often they have amazing graphics but bland gameplay, picked up the last jedi/star wars game and it was awful, looked great but the usual flaws. Amazing jedi but defeated by medium sized wall as developers don’t want you to go that way.

chrispoffer

Looks amazing – but I’ll be waiting for the new Xbox I think….

Garry_Lager

Soulsborne reddits were in meltdown last night over the DeS remake – grown men crying tears of disbelief at a new Souls game.
    Even if it is a remake so much time and gaming tech has passed that it surely will be totally new.

I play way too much Souls but got onto them years after release, so never experienced the online play when it was fresh. Would buy a PS5 just for this game.

jimdubleyou

I will get one, but probably not immediately.

Depending on what’s released at launch.

Quite fancy COD in VR 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yay another polish up and port for GTA V… so if anyone wants an 8 year old game on their next gen HW you’re well catered for.

molgrips
    Free Member

The problem is often they have amazing graphics but bland gameplay

Absolutely. I am not really interested in the vast majority of games. I tend to just wait until one comes along that sucks me in which is one every few years at most.

Picked up Farpoint for a few quid, that looks incredible being on an alien planet, but it’s the same old follow the path shoot stuff. However the shooting mechanic is ace, so that’s the draw. It’s quite hard on the stomach though – don’t move sideways and forwards whilst looking in a different direction unless you have a bucket handy. To be far to that game though there are tons of ‘comfort’ options I have yet to try.

tlr

Excellent. Might be time to upgrade my PS3 to a PS4!

johndoh
    Free Member

The problem is often they have amazing graphics but bland gameplay

Exactly this. It has been a long time since a game really gripped me (Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Kula World and the original Tomb Raider have been my stand out games over the years). Even games like Red Dead Redemption haven’t gripped me and all I am seeing is a focus on graphics rather than gameplay. And just by watching the PS5 Gran Tourismo gameplay I already expect it will still suffer from the lack of real driving ‘feel’ that all the previous versions have had. I am sure if I spent £300+ on a proper racing chair set-up it might be better, but I don’t really want to do that.

Quite fancy COD in VR

That would be much fun.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Playstation 5: Looks alright..’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM