Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Platform SPD recommendations please.
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all

looking for some new platform spd pedals please but not up on current offerings.

I had crank brothers mallets on a bike that was stolen but remember getting fed up at how often they needed rebuilding.

A lad that I’ve rode with a couple of times has some nice looking Hope union GC pedals that he says are great but cost a fortune.

latest shimano offerings apparently don’t offer that much foot support as the platform tapers. This doenst apply to the newer saints apparently.

what should I be looking at ?

Are the hopes worth the money ?

thanks.

Came here to recommend Mallets

Leaves without recommending Mallets

(Had em for years with no issues tbh)

renton
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong I liked the mallets but must have rebuilt them at least 3 or 4 times over the space of two years. The always felt loose and wobbly if that makes sense.

alan1977
    Free Member

I really like the DMR V twins, I found them perfect as a newbie to clipless and still have them on one bike.

Would have them on both except i grabbed some Nukeproof CS in the sales.. and after some adjusting also like those.

The hope are supposed to be lovely but couldn’t justify it.

I’m only familiar with SPD, not  Crankbrothers, Look etc..

fossy

SPD with some platform, XT Trail pedals ?

ajantom

Nukeproof CS are great, but not sure on availability now CRC have gone.

lardman
    Free Member

I use saints on my bikes.

Just bought some longer pins for the cages (from a bolt store) and now there’re grippy and supportive.

the pins do get bent quite easily however, but I just replace them as they are needed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.